Messaging Error??

rmart88

Reaction score
My buddy just got a Samsung Fascinate, and loves it btw, but he keeps having ppl tell him they are getting an error message when they text him, myself included (Droid 1).

Here is the message, it comes as a text from his number:

Message delivered to 571******* as plain text Destination does not support enhanced messaging service.

Is this something with is plan? his phone settings?

I know when i text him i have Handcent set to split the messages after each 160 characters. (i didnt before, so i thought that was why i got the error, so i changed it)

Any help would be appreciated by both of us!

Thanks

OP
rmart88

rmart88

Reaction score
Note: the other person that got the error message has a Droid X...

Note 2: I changed Handcents settings back to do not split, and sent a message over 160 characters, and i once again received the error message. so it does seem that me splitting the messages solved the issue. but he is on vzw, so i should have to split it...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sounds like a phone issue to me. If he just got it, he will be under the 30 day DOA period so they will just swap it out with a new one.

My buddy just got a Samsung Fascinate, and loves it btw, but he keeps having ppl tell him they are getting an error message when they text him, myself included (Droid 1).

Here is the message, it comes as a text from his number:

Message delivered to 571******* as plain text Destination does not support enhanced messaging service.

Is this something with is plan? his phone settings?

I know when i text him i have Handcent set to split the messages after each 160 characters. (i didnt before, so i thought that was why i got the error, so i changed it)

Any help would be appreciated by both of us!

Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)