Merry Christmas Everyone! SS 4.95 is Under the Tree ;)

krakhedd

Reaction score
Will mine update to this using rom manager premium? Or do I have to do it manually. Is there a way to just update and not lose all my info in an older version of your rom?

Sorry for the noobish questions.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I'm no expert. I just know it wasn't installing for me, so I started back @ Square One. My issue had nothing to do w/ free vs. premium version, but to be honest I still don't know exactly why it didn't work, just that I Wasted three hours trying to flash different recoveries, etc.

You can maybe try backing up your launcher screens? I just do a fresh install any time I change my ROM, including my screens.

Good luck!

BigRich93

Reaction score
I freaking love this ROM! But of course just one issue and literally the only issue I have is that I'm having problems with the mic picking up what I say when I'm in a call. I never had this problem in 4.9 or 4.8 but I guess 4.95 some bug just occurred. I did flash it a couple of times but still the same problem. I'm using droid 1 with your kernel as well ulow1.25ghz.

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
how to install over v4.91?

Im new to the this and am just wondering how to install this over the v4.91? Is there even a way to do this?

Can i use rom manager to do this? or ClockWorkMod

Thx for the help in advance!!!

dancedroid

tbone73

Reaction score
Im new to the this and am just wondering how to install this over the v4.91? Is there even a way to do this?

dancedroid
Yes, first download 4.95 rename file to "update" and place on your SD root. Open ROM manager and flash your recovery. create a back up and allow phone to reboot. Go back to Rom manger and flash again and boot into recovery. go to apply sd update.zip. sit back drink a beer and soon you will be playing on your phone again, not necessary to reinstall anything. Chevy ROMs are the best. Remember to IF you run another launcher - DELETE Launcher2 - if you don't it will take up resources (do this in ChevyNo1 Tools, Scripts, Delete, Choose Launcher2)

I suggest not wiping and just installing over what you have now. If you have any issues - wipe and re-install.

IF you select Chevyno1Tools as the default for the menu key by mistake - open Settings from the app,
drawer, manage apps, click ChevyNo1Tools and click 'Clear Defaults'.

Coolsaber57

Reaction score

dancedroid
Yes, first download 4.95 rename file to "update" and place on your SD root. Open ROM manager and flash your recovery. create a back up and allow phone to reboot. Go back to Rom manger and flash again and boot into recovery. go to apply sd update.zip. sit back drink a beer and soon you will be playing on your phone again, not necessary to reinstall anything. Chevy ROMs are the best. Remember to IF you run another launcher - DELETE Launcher2 - if you don't it will take up resources (do this in ChevyNo1 Tools, Scripts, Delete, Choose Launcher2)

I suggest not wiping and just installing over what you have now. If you have any issues - wipe and re-install.

IF you select Chevyno1Tools as the default for the menu key by mistake - open Settings from the app,
drawer, manage apps, click ChevyNo1Tools and click 'Clear Defaults'.

You don't need to really go through all that rebooting. You can just use Rom Manager, choose Install ROM from SD card, then pick the .zip file. It doesn't even have to be "update.zip". When you do that, you get choices to Wipe and to do a backup. Just choose do a backup and it will create a backup and install the new rom all in one step.

Then grab a beer. dancedroid

tbone73

Reaction score
He's right I forgot about "install Rom from SD" yeah do that and you can have two beers while you play sooner. Thanks

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
And more beers is always better! ;)

tbone73

Reaction score
Chevy, I suddenly felt the urge to buy you more beer, so I went to paypal and did. Thank you for all your hard work GREAT ROMS and unmatched technical support... Thanks

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Chevy, I suddenly felt the urge to buy you more beer, so I went to paypal and did. Thank you for all your hard work GREAT ROMS and unmatched technical support... Thanks

You rock man - you are welcome for the ROMS, and thanks for your support!!

cplus

Reaction score
boot animation

Wow! I love this new boot animation!!