Merry Christmas Everyone! SS 4.95 is Under the Tree ;)

k00ey

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows what happened to the unthemed version?

rollo69

Reaction score
Thanks Chevy for another great ROM.

I installed over SS4.9 without wiping, uninstalled SetCPU before upgrade/install , and has been running smooth for several hours now. I also changed kernel because my phone doesn't like the lv 1ghz kernel. Funny though once I switched to Chevy's med 1ghz kernel battery percentage went up about 20%.
Now to try the throttling hack and get theme.

THANKS Chevy,

redoregon

Reaction score
What happened to the bootanimations menu? Loved being able to change them on the fly...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

redoregon

Reaction score
I'll answer my own question ... there are Chevyno1 tools in both the app drawer and under Settings. They are not the same. The boot animations are in the tools from the app drawer,not the ones under. Settings.

bchem

Reaction score
Finally got this installed! Had to uninstall setcpu, and for the first time with chevy's roms,i had to do a wipe, and after that I had to manually restore my apps using titanium backup. Otherwise, I was getting the black screen and having to do a battery pull/nandroid restore. Now I am using the built in overclock function, and I also have become a huge fan of the ADW launcher. The only thing I miss from launcherpro is the scrolling dock bar. I feel like I have a brand new phone now! Thanks Chevy!!!

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
Is the camera fixed? I didn't see an answer to that. If I just missed it, I apologize.

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...

gotbst05

Reaction score
not sure what's going on here, but when i go to download an application from the market, it'll download, but when it goes to install, I get the following message... "The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." It gives me to option to force close and report. I've tried it on several different apps and get the same message. Any ideas?

installed the no theme version

anyone had a chance to look into my previous post yet? i'd love to run Chevy's ROM, but i can't download anything from the market

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
not sure what's going on here, but when i go to download an application from the market, it'll download, but when it goes to install, I get the following message... "The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." It gives me to option to force close and report. I've tried it on several different apps and get the same message. Any ideas?

anyone had a chance to look into my previous post yet? i'd love to run Chevy's ROM, but i can't download anything from the market

Are you by chance running the new market version - if so - I have been unsuccessful with it myself. Only the older version (that comes in my ROM) works for me.

hemplacrosse4

Reaction score
Well after hours of trying to get 4.95 to install I finally did it, but then once I got all my apps loaded back up and everything settled in nicely my phone just shut off on its own. I pulled out the battery and turned it back on but then it just stuck on the simply stunning load screen. So I started all over again reinstalled everything and now the brightness of the screen is not staying to one setting. I have no idea how to fix this, if anyone has a solution I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot. Oh and as always keep up the good work Chevy!

gotbst05

Reaction score

Are you by chance running the new market version - if so - I have been unsuccessful with it myself. Only the older version (that comes in my ROM) works for me.

not running the new market... i downloaded and installed the no theme version that you posted on a few pages back.

nvia

Reaction score
Chevy, when I tried using your scripts to delete unwanted apps on my phone, (like Amazon MP3, Email, Etc...) it doesn't want to delete them. It says it'll take up to 20 seconds but I'm pretty sure it freezes because I give it 5 minutes, lol. Just wanted you to be aware of that for future releases.

Aram58

Reaction score
I really want 4.95 but i don't like themes. I didn't even like gingerbread after running it for a week.

If somebody gets me the unthemed 4.95, I'll help distribute it.

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

not running the new market... i downloaded and installed the no theme version that you posted on a few pages back.

hmmmm - there seem to be some ODD problems with the notheme version - I am hoping to get 4.96 out soon if you can wait!

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Is the camera fixed? I didn't see an answer to that. If I just missed it, I apologize.

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...

It SHOULD be - if you find otherwise let me know!

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well after hours of trying to get 4.95 to install I finally did it, but then once I got all my apps loaded back up and everything settled in nicely my phone just shut off on its own. I pulled out the battery and turned it back on but then it just stuck on the simply stunning load screen. So I started all over again reinstalled everything and now the brightness of the screen is not staying to one setting. I have no idea how to fix this, if anyone has a solution I would appreciate it. Thanks a lot. Oh and as always keep up the good work Chevy!

Hmmmm - have you tried a different kernel? Or perhaps a wipe, and before reinstalling, check to see if the problem persists? On the brightness - that is weird as 4.95 had a fix for that ...