Merry Christmas Everyone! SS 4.95 is Under the Tree ;)

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
First off - Merry Christmas!

Secondly - there are no screenshots yet. It is holidays so I won't be on long. That stuff will follow. As a matter of fact, not much has changed since 4.9, hence no major jump to 5.0 yet. Mostly refreshed kernel + build source updates. Plus all market apps refreshed.

Thirdly - thanks very much to my two beta testers - decided to mix it up this time and offer it to the first two responders to my teaser thread ;) Thanks to grinchy and vbhokiefan :)

Of course these are the release notes for SS 4.95:

NOTES:

IF you run another launcher - DELETE Launcher2 - if you don't it will take up resources (do this in ChevyNo1 Tools, Scripts, Delete, Choose Launcher2)

I suggest not wiping and just installing over what you have now. If you have any issues - wipe and re-install.

IF you select Chevyno1Tools as the default for the menu key by mistake - open Settings from the app,
drawer, manage apps, click ChevyNo1Tools and click 'Clear Defaults'.

1. Based on 2.2.1 source code (aka FRG83)
2. EL Brightness fixes - now sticks after screen power-off

I think that is all for now - if you see a new feature that I haven't listed let me know, LOL!

SS 4.95 Themed

NOTHEME pulled temporarily

Last edited:

dbst

Reaction score
Thanks chevy, merry Christmas!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Wow is this release week or what...still downloading tho ;)

Ha ha! Keep in mind that since this is from source it includes ALL updates from the community that contribute to AOSP.

k00ey

Reaction score
Thanks chevy! Merry xmas!
Just waiting for the unthemed version =)

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This bad boy is just as great as all the other Chevy releases. dancedroid

*and because someone will ask, I installed directly over BB 6.1 w/ TruBlu Theme and have had 0 issues.

g0dM@n

Reaction score
I'm downloading with 3G from my in-laws :)
My only problem (for the longest time) is the damn launcher crashing. It drives me nuts. I tried the ro.home_app_adj=1 local prop method (forget the whole line) and it helped... but still imy home screen crashes, even running stock volts @ 800mhz. I've tried many voltages so it doesn't seem like it is hardware.

I'm on 4.9 do you guys think a full wipe would fix my problem? :(

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mkloharry

Reaction score
Merry Xmax Chevy!

Installed over 4.9 with no problems. The only issue I had with 4.9 was the screen brightness, which now works perfect. Been using for a few hours no issues at all.

Thanks Chevy!