meeting invites/requests - meeting details not displayed

jpeake

Reaction score
Droid Incredible, 2.2, Verizon, Exchange Server 2007 ActiveSync

When someone sends me a meeting request, I get the notice in my mailbox, but none of the meeting details are displayed (like date, time, location). All I see is who sent the request and whatever they typed in the body.

I can accept the request, then go search my calendar for it, and it shows up in the right spot. But that is a royal PITA

So I just assumed the HTC email app sucked, and downloaded TouchDown trial. Same thing. Then I tried RoadSync, same thing.

So what's the deal? Anyone know? Is this an android issue?

Beachbum26

Reaction score
Same Issue

Hi - we're having the same issue with 2.2 on Exchange 2007. Did you find a resolution yet?

OP
J

jpeake

Reaction score
Hi - we're having the same issue with 2.2 on Exchange 2007. Did you find a resolution yet?

no solution was found. Sent demo units back and are sticking with BlackBerry for now. Might check out Win 7 devices when they start coming out. I see there is a Droid Pro that is supposed to work for business, but frankly I'm done with Android for a while. Tried three different devices in the last year and all have failed basic business requirements for email, calendar and contacts (global address list).

Beachbum26

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I can't believe that more people aren't complaining about this. The only workaround that I've found so far is to either press "propose new time" or "forward" - you'll see the proposed time/place that you should have seen in the original Invite - then you have to discard the draft message. Pretty lame.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't recall having this problem with Touchdown on my Droid. However, when I went to test I didn't even seem to get the meeting request to begin with so I'll need to figure out what's going on there...

Beachbum26

Reaction score
I have two people with Droid Incredible having exact same problem as original poster. I contaced VZW support and while they were quick to reply had no solution and the suggestions were clearly grasping at straws. One suggestion was to try Google Calendar as a workaround. The other was to try Touchdown, but I'm not hopeful about that as OP said it didn't help them. Plus, I shouldn't need to buy another app for something like this to work. I'm pretty sure it was working correctly before Froyo 2.2 update.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't recall having this problem with Touchdown on my Droid. However, when I went to test I didn't even seem to get the meeting request to begin with so I'll need to figure out what's going on there...
Ok -- they just took forever. I wouldn't assume it's a general Android or Froyo issue. I can view all the details in the request itself without any issues. It's interesting that the people with issues in this thread so far all have Incredibles.

Innerchaos

Reaction score
Same issue here on an X..... sure wish they would fix this :icon_evil:

dmitri8

Reaction score
Same problem (HTC Incredible)... The TouchDown (which I downloaded for this very reason) did solve THAT particular problem, but I had a couple other issues with it -- don't remember the specifics now, but was painful enough to uninstall and revert back to the standard-issue app...

No other worthwhile apps on the market that I could find...

So, at least for now, back to the standard one, -- I've been using the same workaround Beachbum26 mentioned above, i.e. select 'propose new time' and look at the event time there, and then discard the draft.

I guess it's not THAT big of a deal, but it does get old... :-(
Hoping 2.3 will have a fix, because in other aspects that standard app has been pretty damn good...