Meebo IM not showing buddies

mattkrass

Reaction score
I've been using Meebo IM , currently at version 32 according to 'Manage Applications', since I got my Droid and I'd be very happy with it except for one bug. No matter what I do, signing in and out, most/all of my buddies are constantly missing on my buddylist. This happens on 3G or WiFi. If some of the missing people message me, they show up as if they weren't on my buddy list (missing alias) and I can't initiate conversations with them.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?

issues636

Reaction score
I've been using Meebo IM , currently at version 32 according to 'Manage Applications', since I got my Droid and I'd be very happy with it except for one bug. No matter what I do, signing in and out, most/all of my buddies are constantly missing on my buddylist. This happens on 3G or WiFi. If some of the missing people message me, they show up as if they weren't on my buddy list (missing alias) and I can't initiate conversations with them.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?

Are only some of your buddies missing? Or all of them? And are they missing, or it just shows them all as offline? I used Meebo when I first got my Droid, and noticed that happened maybe once a day. Meebo would knock me off, sign in again, and everyone was offline. I had to sign in/out about 3 times for my buddies to pop back on. I've personally moved on to Ebuddy, never had that problem again, and it does everything Meebo does. But if you're set on sticking with Meebo, there's no fix for the offline buddies problem besides signing in/out until it fixes, it's even been mentioned on the Meebo website.