media player w/ bookmarking?

solar

Reaction score
does anyone know of a media player that does bookmarking? I listen to a lot of podcast on my droid, but if I decide to play something other then the file/playlist I was listening to, i'll loose my place. It would be nice to have one that will createa bookmark, like my old creative Zen did.

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
lol, no. Its the "Animal Friend" perk picture from Fallout 3

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Apparently no one knows, or it doesn't exist, lol. Funny that you brought this thread back to life as I was just think about this again tonight. There's gotta be something! I'm going to have to dig more. Maybe something new has come along since my original post....:confused:

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Google Listen will do it.
Thanks for the reply, but Google Listen doesn't let you use local media files, only what you grab from their app.

and google listen is really a pretty crappy app. the seeking funtion is awful. Searching for something to listen to clunky, even when you know exactly what you are looking for and the file management is a bit lacking. I use it for the Gamespot Hotspot podcast, but thats it.

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Doubletwist? Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Another option is separate media player for music. I use poweramp for music. Equalizer makes big difference in car. But for vocal only...less so. Use Winamp for transfer. They keep their respective places. They can even play simultaneously.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
I tried doubletwist, and while it may bookmark podcasts you pull from within the program, it doesn't appear to do anything with poscasts what are pulled from our SD. Unless i'm missing something.:icon_frown:

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Another option is separate media player for music. I use poweramp for music. Equalizer makes big difference in car. But for vocal only...less so. Use Winamp for transfer. They keep their respective places. They can even play simultaneously.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Hi Barkleyfan,
Actually, this is the way i'm currently doing it. I use Player Pro for my music and Meridian for my podcasts. But if i'm listening to my Heidi and Frank podcast and decide halfway though I want to listen to my Kevin and Bean podcast, I'll lose my spot in the first. I also user google listen for my gamespot presents the hotspot podcast, but thats it. Google listen is a pretty awful app, lol.

Thanks to everyone for offering suggestions! I'm not trying to be difficult, I guess I'm just looking for something very specific. :p