Media Dock Issue

old no. 7

Reaction score
Ok, tried dockrunner yesterday, but when I used it, it acted weird... the screen would only turn on when I held the power button to turn it off... Though it was the app, no big deal. Today I got a media dock, same thing... whats the problem? I would like for it to actually display what needs to be displayed... any help is appreciated

cb2000a

Reaction score
Now that you have the media dock I would recommend removing Dockrunner and reboot your phone.

OP
O

old no. 7

Reaction score
I don't have dock runner anymore, and I'll reboot next time I try.
thanks

cuskit

Reaction score
What dock did you purchase if I may be so bold as to ask? I'm wondering if there is a problem with the magnet. I manufacture the MIKRADLE http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ck-mikradle-use-covers-jackets.html#post77883 and when researching magnets, I found they were not all equal. Lower priced magnets gave sporadic at best results. And so I went with a better quality, heavy duty for our product. I'm not saying that's your problem, but as the magnet is the stimulus for Multimedia Mode (as well as car mode using the opposite polarity of the magnet), and thus is suspect.

CB200a has an excellent point - perhaps the software version of Dockrunner is incompatible. I will try that myself with some of our MIKRADLES - I'll load Dockrunner and see if I can reproduce your problem. If so - I'll post back here with it tomorrow.

Please do let us know how you make out. :)

cuskit

Last edited:
OP
O

old no. 7

Reaction score
I don't have dockrunner on the phone anymore, and I have restarted the phone before docking it. Same results. screen is black, and sort of pulses in the brightness (from completely black to a slightly brighter black). I tried without home++, and same thing. I've tried with the dock plugged in and with it not. I don't know what the problem is.

OP
O

old no. 7

Reaction score
And I got it from Verizon to answer your question.

cuskit

Reaction score
I don't have dockrunner on the phone anymore, and I have restarted the phone before docking it. Same results. screen is black, and sort of pulses in the brightness (from completely black to a slightly brighter black). I tried without home++, and same thing. I've tried with the dock plugged in and with it not. I don't know what the problem is.
Other than not seeing the multimedia mode when docking, are you having any other issues with the phone relative to screens appearing normally?

If you have access to a magnet, you could test the functioning of the mode by holding a magnet against the back of your Motorola Droid, just above where the microUSB connector is. If that works - you have a defective dock. If it doesn't work, you have an issue with the phone itself. Are you near a Verizon Wireless (VZW) store? If so, stop in and place your phone in one of their docks. I'm trying to ascertain if it's your dock or the phone. By the way - plugging in your dock makes no difference, the magnet does not need any power to do it's thing.

The pulsing is something new - I haven't heard of this issue before. Perhaps others could chime in here with their thoughts?

cuskit

OP
O

old no. 7

Reaction score
It's almost definitely not the dock... it's have this problem with both dockrunner and the dock. I'm sure if I just took a magnet to it, the same thing would happen. I have a vzw store right down the road, but I wanted to see if I could get some input as to whether or not it was a setting or something. I hope I don't have to get a replacement because of this. And I plugged it in to make sure the phone had enough power to display the screen... never know if it's something that obscure... even though I'm sure its not. haha

cuskit

Reaction score
I've downloaded and installed Dockrunner. Ran it with no issues at all. MIKRADLE still induces the multimedia mode with or without Dockrunner. So - at least in my case, it's not an incompatibility.

I would suggest at this point, especially if there is a store RIGHT DOWN THE STREET you hop over and let them look at it. You hope you don't need a replacement, but why would you want to keep a malfunctioning phone? They will probably replace it right there on the spot. They can move your contacts over, and you will have to download your apps again. I'd do this myself. I enjoy viewing my Droid displaying the multimedia mode while it sits on my MIKRADLE both on my office desk and home night table.

Good luck - keep us updated.

cuskit

OP
O

old no. 7

Reaction score
I've downloaded and installed Dockrunner. Ran it with no issues at all. MIKRADLE still induces the multimedia mode with or without Dockrunner. So - at least in my case, it's not an incompatibility.

I would suggest at this point, especially if there is a store RIGHT DOWN THE STREET you hop over and let them look at it. You hope you don't need a replacement, but why would you want to keep a malfunctioning phone? They will probably replace it right there on the spot. They can move your contacts over, and you will have to download your apps again. I'd do this myself. I enjoy viewing my Droid displaying the multimedia mode while it sits on my MIKRADLE both on my office desk and home night table.

Good luck - keep us updated.

cuskit
hope I dont get another one because I hate going through settings. haha. I'll head down after the Panthers game.

acydgod

Reaction score
docking issues

I had the exact same problem with my dock. It turned out to be something about screen brightness. Previously I had installed an app called 'power manager' but removed it.

The fix was one or all of these things:
1. In settings->Sound and Display->Brightness - uncheck automatic
2. Install Power Manager, open it but I really didn't do anything. Maybe I selected the battery profile although I was already running on full battery
3. Re-enabled the automatic brightness in settings (I tend to think this had nothing to do with it)

I also did reinstall the dock runner app of course. My guess is installing power manager is what fixed it.

m@tt

Reaction score
Having an issue when in dock mode you hit the bright icon screen goes blank. The picture,clock,music icons work fine. If you hit where you think the icon is screen comes back to dim mode. Has anyone came across this issue?