Max hd Radio

drewrivera

Reaction score
Is anyone feeling that Motorola still didn't give the full set of Berks and whistles with this thing? If they are going to start again with coming out with phones after phones that look exactly alike but with a better screen or processor or whatever then I'm gonna have to jump on Samsung bandwagon because this is bogus. I waited since 2009 from when I hot my og and they f$@ked me. I feel the 4g signal isn't consistent like s3, maybe due to hardware cause the razor has kevlar and some metal but they should be testing this thing out..shoot, I'll test it. Still got 10 days left for a return and counting,,,,,,

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Droid101

Reaction score
Is anyone feeling that Motorola still didn't give the full set of Berks and whistles with this thing? If they are going to start again with coming out with phones after phones that look exactly alike but with a better screen or processor or whatever then I'm gonna have to jump on Samsung bandwagon because this is bogus. I waited since 2009 from when I hot my og and they f$@ked me. I feel the 4g signal isn't consistent like s3, maybe due to hardware cause the razor has kevlar and some metal but they should be testing this thing out..shoot, I'll test it. Still got 10 days left for a return and counting,,,,,,

??? :what: I have had the RAZR Max HD since release and I also have an s3 and personally my 4g connection is far better and I feel it handles the 3g/4g hand offs much better than the s3 does.

maxxhd

Reaction score

huh? The S3 is horrific with the antenna - that's the reason I returned mine. The MAXX HD's antenna is excellent in comparison. Actually, there is no comparison. I had both in the exact same spot and the MAXX HD had 2 bars of 4G and the S3 was at 1x and at times couldn't even make a call. I literally couldn't get a 4G signal on the S3 in a known 4G and 3G coverage area.

I'd take on anyone on earth saying the S3 has better antennas..it's just not true. Search around here and on google about S3 antenna issues...and grab a beer because you'll be reading complaints all night long.

dan.dar

Reaction score
I get between 1 and 2 bars 4G at work. My friends, one with iPhone 5 and three others with S3 all needed password for Wi-Fi cause they are stuck in 3G.

Sent from my MAXX HD.

geoff5093

Reaction score
My MAXX HD gets better signal than my TB and GS3. You also can't go purely by the number of bars, you need to look at the signal strength in dBm.

maxxhd

Reaction score
My MAXX HD gets better signal than my TB and GS3. You also can't go purely by the number of bars, you need to look at the signal strength in dBm.

Good point. A great app for that is "Network signal info" from the play store.
From what I've seen the bars on the Maxx HD are accurate.

OP
drewrivera

drewrivera

Reaction score
Well I work in the city and in my building there's two s3 that get 4g in my office where there is no reception. Maybe I do have a faulty one. I changed three Sim cards already. And I've also read on Android police that the radio was an issue for them. I don't even get service on the Lincoln tunnel (of you guys are familiar with it) and I used to get 3g flawlessly with my og..

OP
drewrivera

drewrivera

Reaction score
And I'm also thinking it could be true because of the way the phones were made,. The s3 is all plastic so maybe the reception for the radio is easier to grab as to the Droid with its kevlar and metal body maybe it blocks it. You think when root comes to play they'll perhaps have another radio to play with? You think a software update can help this?

dan.dar

Reaction score
If your phone is worse than S3, you might want to exchange it. From my experience the Maxx radio should be better or at least on par. If it's worse, than there may have been a problem at assembly.

geoff5093

Reaction score
FYI if you go to Settings > More > Mobile > Mobile networks > Network type and strength, it will show you your signal strength in dBm.

OP
drewrivera

drewrivera

Reaction score
Yes I realized that when I first got it but that doesn't help me when the service randomly goes out or doesn't grab reception. I read on xda someone returned it and got another and it was the same, then somehow he boosted the 4g with something and he had constant 4g but the calling was like off or something. I think he said you couldn't receive calls which defeats the purpose,I know but the fact is that he returned it and was the same. I will return mine though just for peace of mind but I really hope that this phone has crazy potential and Motorola or Verizon are holding it back from say life a root?, till next time gadget,,,, next time.