Market wont download apps:

yankees2009

Reaction score
Ok so I have then froyo 2.2 installed onto my phone and whenever I want to download a app it just says downloading app, it doesn't do anything else! I have applied the the marketfix update but that doesn't do anything. Does anybody else have this problem like I have?? If you do will you be willing to help me figure this problem out?? Thanks!

dtartini

Reaction score
Ok so I have then froyo 2.2 installed onto my phone and whenever I want to download a app it just says downloading app, it doesn't do anything else! I have applied the the marketfix update but that doesn't do anything. Does anybody else have this problem like I have?? If you do will you be willing to help me figure this problem out?? Thanks!

I had this too. Im not sure which Froyo you installed. I was on the first stock Froyo release. I installed the second updated release found here and it fixed the market issue. Hope this works.

dtartini

Reaction score
were you on the Froyo2.2 TestKeys???

To my understanding all the different versions of Froyo has "test-keys" in the build number so that doesn't distinguish between the different versions. I installed the very first leaked version of Froyo 2.2. I would just try installing the version that I linked to in my first post. Make sure you wipe data first. Like I said it worked for me and I had the same problem. If it doesnt work Im out of ideas.

gszeman

Reaction score
were you on the Froyo2.2 TestKeys???

To my understanding all the different versions of Froyo has "test-keys" in the build number so that doesn't distinguish between the different versions. I installed the very first leaked version of Froyo 2.2. I would just try installing the version that I linked to in my first post. Make sure you wipe data first. Like I said it worked for me and I had the same problem. If it doesnt work Im out of ideas.

Froyo with DarkEdge?! How?! :shocked:

Back on topic, have you tried dling this: bgill55's market fix?

zeiroe

Reaction score
those that are having problems with the market ... Do you have themes installed?

petergunz25

Reaction score
Yes I have a theme installed over Froyo and I have not been able to dl anything from the market

OP
Y

yankees2009

Reaction score
Nothings working I tyed to install the Bgills Market Update 2 but nothing will work? I stop all the downloads and then I try to download them individual but all its says is StartingDownload but thats all nothing else is working!! HELP ME PLEASE GUYS!! THANKS

Darkseider

Reaction score
It happened to me once. All I did was cancel the download and immediately restart the same download and it has been working fine since.

jamko101

Reaction score
I'm having the same exact problem as yankees2009, and I've done the market update fix. I'm on the second build of the droid froyo release. I can't install apps, nor can I update apps previously installed. Help from anyone would be much appreciated

Mulciber

Reaction score
I had this issue when I installed Clear Black Theme, restore to just plain froyo 2.2 (second update) and I could download again. Installed theme again and no more downloading...so check and make sure its not your theme

jamko101

Reaction score
Ha, ironically it is my theme... I'm gonna give plain froyo a try. Thanks for the tip

EDIT: Works fine now without clean black theme. Thanks for the tip

Last edited: