Market syncing/switching on multiple accounts

MAzing87

Reaction score
Here's an unusual problem.

I have two Gmail accounts. One personal and professional. I bought apps using the professional account when I should have used my personal.

I use the Google talk app often but every time I launched it, it had my professional email and contacts linked to it. I signed out to sign back in, but Gtalk was still linked to my professional account. There was no way to switch accounts like you can with the Gmail app. In order for me to link my personal gmail to Gtalk and to my Droid, I had to reset my phone, which I did. The Gtalk app now has my correct email and contacts synced to it. The problem is that all of the apps I bought are under the professional account and can't be retrieved since the market is linked with it. I contacted the developers/sellers of one of the apps to help and they told me that they can't do anything about it since Google mask emails when consumers attempt to contact them. Even when I told them the correct email, they told me they have no authorization to do anything and that I should contact Google directly. She also requested that I let her know what happens so that she can help others with a similar situation in the near future.

There's no real way to contact Google directly since they have no phone support, just a lot of FAQs on their site. Does anyone know how I can reach the appropriate Google team to help or figure out a way to get the paid apps to download to my droid without paying for them again? I know I should have initially used my personal account while buying the apps but I didn't know it was this difficult to retrieve them. I would have never reset my phone and this would have been more of a Gtalk issue.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

OP
MAzing87

MAzing87

Reaction score
I have a question. Can paid apps from the market be downloaded to your SD card?