Market not Installed!

Big Fate

Reaction score
So this is pretty weird..

I get prompt to download the new update for the Droid X, it downloads and all of a sudden I go to check a few apps out on the market and I get a msg " This app is not installed" and I'm like huh? It didnt have the market logo, it was like a blue square with a mini setting emblem on the right corner.

So I call verizon to question this, the guy tells me "Thats the weirdest thing I ever heard, i've never heard of this problem before." Then says I'm going to need to do a factory Reset. I'm telling him can't we just uninstall and reinstall? He says no, which I thought was strange... So I'm pissed because I had to start from scratch again.

Have you any of you ever heard of this happening before? I'm scared to download the update again...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Was your connection interupted at all during the update? And a factory reset might fix it, didn't say if you tried it or not. If you log into google before you do the reset you will get you apps back. I don't know if there's anything else you're worried about losing though.

Sent from somewhere...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do the hard reset as suggested. That has fixed this issue of the X before. If it doesn't then I would suggest taking the phone to a Verizon store and have them reflash the 2.2.

Good luck and keep us posted.

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
Was your connection interupted at all during the update? And a factory reset might fix it, didn't say if you tried it or not.

So I'm pissed because I had to start from scratch again.

Yea, I had to do the factory reset no other choice.
But it appears the Update stayed on the phone... As far as the connection being interupted, it didnt say anything but thats the only thing I can think of why it would do that...

So no one ever ran into this issue before huh?