market app missing after update. Please help me

Lesjes

Reaction score
I have searched the problem and am getting the following hits:
1. one said: Wait until morning
2. Another: Nothing works except a reset
3. And Another: Tried a reset, didnt work
4. And another: Search for it-- (not funny :D)
5. And another: This has been addressed many times in problems area (I dont see where it is addressed many times)

When I updated to 2.3, market app turns blue, says it is not installed on my phone.
I need to know how to retrieve it or install it from someone who knows what to do for sure. I am afraid to "try this" or "try that". I am new at this darned phone and dont want to do damage that i cant undo. I am afraid of losing access to all of my purchased apps.
Please please help me if you can.
Thanks so very much!

jcmagone

Reaction score
I am having the same issue so some help would be greatly appreciated. I have thought about a reset but there has to be an easier cure.

OP
L

Lesjes

Reaction score
Since no one replied to help...

I did finally decide to do a factory reset. It was a three hour ordeal, but everything works. Be sure to write down all of the apps that you have before the reset. You do NOT lose photos but do lose some of your setting.
Before you do the reset, also use the backup manager. This will help you to keep some of the settings that you have.
After the hard reset, you will be at square one (with the exception of some of the backup manager helps).
Good luck and I hope that this helps!

jcmagone

Reaction score
Did you run the update again or did you leave it at the previous version. I was hoping google will figure out an anwer.