Market and Phone disagree on app.

its.mike

Reaction score
Hey guys I recently noticed when I went to use urbanspoon that it was no longer installed on my phone. I thought no big deal I'll just download it from the market real quick, except that when I go to urbanspoon page on the market the options that normally appear for installed apps are visible(Open, Uninstall) except that they are grayed out.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

rjax

Reaction score
Have someone who's rooted (not me - I'm not rooted) post the apk and then you install it as a non-market app.

Speaking of... Does anyone have the apk for the Gmail unread widget - I'm having this exact same problem.

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
You probably might have installed some apps via a backup program, which is why the data does not agree with each other. Are you able to uninstall it via Settings > Applications > Manage Applications?

rjax

Reaction score

Thanks, but unfortunately it looks like neither fix will work for me. One requires root, and the other doesn't seem to work on Android 2.0 on my Droid (I don't see any dialog that lets me "uninstall market updates"

But the reply about backup reminded me that you don't need root to grab an apk.

I made a backup of my Urban Spoon apk, and appended .zip on the end of the filename, and have uploaded it here. If someone could do the same with the Gmail unread widget so I can fix my problem, that would be much appreciated.

Here's the androlib page for the widget apk I'm looking for: Gmail Unread Count v1.2.1 Application for Android | Communication

Attachments

• com.urbanspoon.apk.zip
    412.6 KB · Views: 278
OP
its.mike

its.mike

Reaction score

Thanks, but unfortunately it looks like neither fix will work for me. One requires root, and the other doesn't seem to work on Android 2.0 on my Droid (I don't see any dialog that lets me "uninstall market updates"

But the reply about backup reminded me that you don't need root to grab an apk.

I made a backup of my Urban Spoon apk, and appended .zip on the end of the filename, and have uploaded it here. If someone could do the same with the Gmail unread widget so I can fix my problem, that would be much appreciated.

Here's the androlib page for the widget apk I'm looking for: Gmail Unread Count v1.2.1 Application for Android | Communication

That did it. I've downlaoded the gmail unred count and uploaded it for you. I added the zip extension as well

Attachments

• se.alexanderblom.gmailunreadcount.apk.zip
    219.6 KB · Views: 194