Mark all email read...

ewakkuri

Reaction score
How do I mark all email in my GMail accounts as read.. I did this all the time on my BlackBerry and I wish to be able to do so again from my phone.

omnibus

Reaction score
Go to gmail on your computer. You can choose to delete all or many other options that will then be reflected on your Droid.

darkgreen

Reaction score
Hilarious answer.

Seriously though, how do we mark all as read. I have the same thing with all my accounts, some times I pick up the phone and have done 50 emails on my computer and caught up so I want to mark them all read on my droid so I can tell what's new...

Eisbaer

Reaction score
Just press the little gray check box next to each email. They'll turn green. Once you've checked them all, click "Mark as Read." Bam, your done and it doesn't take all that long.

Still no "Check All" but it's better than nothing.

darkgreen

Reaction score
Well, as someone who gets 150+ emails per day let me say to everyone who cares about this: switch to K-9 mail tool!

Not only does it have a "mark all as read" menu option (3 clicks to approve, but better than nothing), but it also works better than the default tool and integrates with docs to go. The only feature it doesn't have is a merged multi-mailbox view, which I do kind of miss.

fraze

Reaction score
Here is the easiest way to Mark All Emails as Read:

1) Open gmail on your PC.
2) Select "All" Messages
3) When you do, a text link appears. In my case, "Select all 4166 conversations in Inbox".
4) Select "More Actions" > "Mark as Read"
5) Confirm the prompts.

That's it!!! Good luck!

Davidd31415

Reaction score
Well, as someone who gets 150+ emails per day let me say to everyone who cares about this: switch to K-9 mail tool!

Not only does it have a "mark all as read" menu option (3 clicks to approve, but better than nothing), but it also works better than the default tool and integrates with docs to go. The only feature it doesn't have is a merged multi-mailbox view, which I do kind of miss.

Thanks for the k9 solution. I am honestly amazed that email is implemented so poorly on the droid x. Does anyone know if the k9 email is considering making it easier to mark all read? I wish it could be done to all accounts at one through the integrated inbox too.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
+1 for K9. It has a lot of options (mulit deletes, larger check box etc)and handles large amount of email.

Drooooooooooid

Reaction score
Mark all as read

Under email setting make sure Multiselect is on, then hit the menu button and hit select all then hit the menu button again and hit the Mark all as read option.