March Madness & Android

blueswitch

Reaction score
March Madness is almost upon us....how are you setting up your Android device for all the goodness?

..list your apps, widgets, websites you'll be using to get the best mobile NCAA experience with your fellow members!

.....I've had my moto-droid for not even a week yet so far I've only used Sports Tap widget...works pretty good for single games hopefully the NCAA coverage will be good.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'll have the Plasma on in my Office :D

OP
B

blueswitch

Reaction score
so...Sports Tap looks like they'll have a live updating bracket that's pretty barebones....I also tried and free app called bracket. Pretty simple with a nice graphic UI...you can create multiple brackets by tapping on the match up and picking who you think will win...and it'll supposedly update when the games are played.

would be nice if I knew of a good widget.

solorca

Reaction score
so...Sports Tap looks like they'll have a live updating bracket that's pretty barebones....I also tried and free app called bracket. Pretty simple with a nice graphic UI...you can create multiple brackets by tapping on the match up and picking who you think will win...and it'll supposedly update when the games are played.

would be nice if I knew of a good widget.

I tried "bracket" and it force closed multiple times and never let me choose a game. I am desperately searching for a good bracket app to keep track of my picks.

Seems like it should be simple. I found a lot of mentions of something called pocketbracket online, but it doesn't seem to exist.

Reaction score
I was able to just do mine on m.ESPN.com yesterday. I know that is not an app but I don't really know of any high profile apps that will keep good enough track of it. I would really love to find one though even if my team is not in the big dance this year.

adams7303

Reaction score
So heres what I have come up with so far for actually watching the games.

• There is the UStream Viewer app(free in market) that allows you view streams that people put up on Ustream. I have had some luck with watching sports on UStream in the past. (I dont know how picky they will be about pulling the streams or if there will even be one. I can usually find a soccer game on here) This seems ideal, as it has the best quality for audio and video.
  • I have a crappy PC with a TV tuner card. There is an app called Orb Live($9.99) that allows me to stream my tv tuner card over the web. I have had mixed results with this so far. I have seen people say they have had good results with this, but my feed always ends up being choppy/laggy. I think this is because of either my crappy PC or my limited upload capabilities on my home network. There is also an option in Orb to watch "Internet TV". But I haven't had much luck with this yet.
  • The other option, is to use PhoneMyPC($9.99 from the market) to connect to my home PC. This way I can go to my favorite stream sites (which mostly link to sites that use a flash player or Sopcast). Then you can use the View Live feature to view the stream. This works pretty well with the drawback of no sound. It says in the market that sound will be coming soon. Not sure when though. I guess this will be my option if UStream doesnt work, since I dont really need sound.
  • There is another program that is called Steam Media Player(there is a free version that has ads. and a $0.99 version). It allows you to enter in a rtsp stream url and it says it supports .sdp and .3gp. But I dont know where to find these streams.

lakerfan82

Reaction score
I was able to just do mine on m.ESPN.com yesterday. I know that is not an app but I don't really know of any high profile apps that will keep good enough track of it. I would really love to find one though even if my team is not in the big dance this year.

Yahoo also has a mobile site for their tourney if you are hosting your bracket there...
Yahoo! Tourney Pick'em '10