Maps HELP!!!!

Lars1

Reaction score
I get an "Unable to load the URL" message every time I launch the Maps App. The app seems to work fine, GPS works fine What does this mean? How can I fix it or is it a glitch? This has happened since day one (Nov. 6). IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!:wacko:
Anyone else?

Silver Member
Reaction score
try this, see if it helps:

home - menu - settings - applications - manage applications - menu - filter - all - maps - force stop - clear cache (if available) - clear defaults (if available).

if that doesn't work, try uninstall updates (if available).

if there are no updates, go to the market and download the latest version.

OP
Lars1

Lars1

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! I tried all of the above and I still get the same message:mad: Maybe I'll contact Google about it.

Thanks again.

OP
Lars1

Lars1

Reaction score
bueller...bueller...bueller.....

Anyone?...

Help?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
bueller...bueller...bueller.....

Anyone?...

Help?

What did Google say when you called them up?

Someone also asked if you installed any updates.

No maps since Nov 6th? Easier still: walk, do not run, to your nearest Verizon store and say "what's up with this?"

DROID'd

Reaction score
You are not alone! I get this same message EVERY TIME I open the maps app. It is totes annoying. Any help is appreciated!

DROID'd

Reaction score
After 5 min of trouble shooting, I figured it out! I was using Better Cut to create the maps icon on my home screen. I was doing so by choosing create new shortcut, activity, and then the maps activity. For some reason the ONLY maps activity you can choose in Better Cuts list of activities gives you the message "Unable to open the URL" every time you click the shortcut it creates!

To bypass this error while still utilizing Better Cut to create the shortcut, simply drag the stock maps icon out of the apps drawer onto your home screen. Then open Better Cut from the apps drawer and choose edit existing shortcut. No more annoying message! :icon_ banana:

OP
Lars1

Lars1

Reaction score
After 5 min of trouble shooting, I figured it out! I was using Better Cut to create the maps icon on my home screen. I was doing so by choosing create new shortcut, activity, and then the maps activity. For some reason the ONLY maps activity you can choose in Better Cuts list of activities gives you the message "Unable to open the URL" every time you click the shortcut it creates!

To bypass this error while still utilizing Better Cut to create the shortcut, simply drag the stock maps icon out of the apps drawer onto your home screen. Then open Better Cut from the apps drawer and choose edit existing shortcut. No more annoying message! :icon_ banana:

Dude! You rock. Thank you very much (I love this forum!!!)