Maps and navigate

u7mg0

Reaction score
i would like to be able to have walking directions to a place, maybe in a city i am visiting. i thought Google Maps did this but can get it to talk the directions. is there a better app?

also, the my location is not very accurate. sometimes it shows me a few streets away from where i really am. very disappointing

is there something more accurate or settings out there?

thx

Silver Member
Reaction score
my location uses cell towers and isn't meant to be accurate. google walking directions has warnings about accuracy, etc., but should still perform like any other navigation.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
i would like to be able to have walking directions to a place, maybe in a city i am visiting. i thought Google Maps did this but can get it to talk the directions. is there a better app?
IIRC you won't get voice prompts with walking directions.

is there something more accurate or settings out there?
Sounds like it's not using GPS. Do you have Use GPS satellites checked in Settings->Location & Security?

OP
U

u7mg0

Reaction score
what about the GPS? isn't that supposed to be more accurate? it is on, but doesnt seem very reliable

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
When using directions even for driving unless you hit navigate you will not get turn by turn directions. The my location button should be with in a few feet of where you are. Like the others have said make sure your GPS is turned on and that you are getting a GPS lock. You may be getting obstructions in your way while trying to get a GPS lock.