Manual Camera Improves Nexus 6 Camera Performance!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Manual Camera is a new app that takes advantage of the new Lollipop Camera2 API. The camera comes with automode enabled, but what really makes this camera app stands out is the ability to manually control EVERYTHING. Simply select one of the options including Shutter Speed, Focus Distance, ISO, White Balance, and Exposure Compensation then dial it in by rotating the wheel. Additional features include RAW, GPS for geo tagging, timer, gridlines, sounds on/off, max screen brightness on/off. This app is $1.99 on the play store and is well worth the improved performance! Head to the play link below for the download.

via PlayStore

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
You can also install an app called LCamera. It lets you shoot in RAW format but also is much faster. Pretty sure you can also install the cyanogenmod camera CM Camera too. I am running CM12 and the CM camera is very fast.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You can also install an app called LCamera. It lets you shoot in RAW format but also is much faster. Pretty sure you can also install the cyanogenmod camera CM Camera too. I am running CM12 and the CM camera is very fast.
You wouldn't be referring to Camera L ( Camera L - Android Apps on Google Play would you?

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
...Pretty sure you can also install the cyanogenmod camera CM Camera too. I am running CM12 and the CM camera is very fast.

CM's camera only works with CM ROM. I'm actually a bit let down with CM12 right now. No lockscreen voice control and the BT stack is garbage. Two deal breakers for me.

BUT the CM camera was awesome on my OnePlus. People just don't understand how great of a phone the OnePlus is. It's a shame the company is perfect example of a marketing/supply train-wreck.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
CM's camera only works with CM ROM. I'm actually a bit let down with CM12 right now. No lockscreen voice control and the BT stack is garbage. Two deal breakers for me.

BUT the CM camera was awesome on my OnePlus. People just don't understand how great of a phone the OnePlus is. It's a shame the company is perfect example of a marketing/supply train-wreck.

Oh, I could have sworn i was running the CM Camera app on my Nexus 6 before I put CM12 on it. I changed it a lot when I first got it. LCamera however does work, I know that for sure.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
NAH... I tried the modified CM camera apk a week or two ago on my N6 (stock, rooted, unlocked boot). All it did was crash on launch.