Made the jump..too impatient to wait

Mongoose

Reaction score
Well...I couldn't stand it anymore and just said the hell with waiting. Called VZN and they gave it to me for $199 because I had a couple lines eligible for NE2. Bought it on one of them and was told to just activate it using the number on the phone that currently has the data plan. Thats my my BB Storm.

I was going to wait until after the upgrade on 12/11/09 but I figured that I wouldn't know anything about what the upgrade improved if I didn't know what the phone was like beforehand (or so I told myself). Anyway, it's due late tomorrow or Tuesday most likely.

Can't wait to do a comparison ... I think my wife is looking at it also...Internet shopping ... uh oh !!! :icon_ devil:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
you will love it....you made the right decision. Welcome aboard

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
:byestorm: Welcome "Mongoose" to DroidForums :byestorm:

You better just get two right away, once your wife gets her hands on your Droid, you will never get to have it in your hands again :p

Welcome to the Forums. We hope you like it here. I am sure you are going to love this phone/pda. And, something really spectacular about the Droid, it's actually a pretty damm good phone too :icon_ devil:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome. I had a January upgrade date... jumped early too... took advantage of the early upgrade E-mails VZW sent. I was one of the lucky one who got it first. You'll find there is no comparison. It will be a little overwhelming with the options and settings at first as this device can do SO much but once you get used to it you'll laugh at your Storm my friend. I left mine in the dust :byestorm:

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score
I had a June date and upgraded early. My girlfriend won't put the damn thing down! LOL

I see one in her future. :eek:

OP
Mongoose

Mongoose

Reaction score
I'm a bit of a cynic. Nonetheless...I sure hope you guys are right. My Storm has been a good reliable phone (one of the few) so I have some concerns...but after all the reading I have been doing on this forum I think I have made the right decision...and if not, I've got 30 days to figure it out...but at the risk of repeating myself...I sure hope you guys are right..:icon_ devil:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Just keep in mind Mongoose it is an ENTIRELY different machine. Do NOT expect anything similar to a BB. You are getting into an entirely different piece of hardware and OS.

I know I sound like Captain Obvious but you would be surprised.

The Droid is frakking awesome and it is A LOT of phone. It will take a good week to get into the swing of it but I'm telling you once you do it's a whole other world.

You will never look back.........

Trust me I'm right : )

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea... it's completely diff. Fact is the first couple hours I was so frustrated because I wasn't fluid with it and didn't understand everything and where everything was. Kinda OCD with knowing EVERY function and option with my toys. LOL. But after a crash course through the menus I fell in love. I can honestly say that the idea of returning it before the 30 days,.... even for the Passion if it did come out hasn't even crossed my mind. You'll love it.