Made a BIG BIG mistake buying the Milestone!!

exxi

Reaction score
Dear All,

I had the Milestone for quite some time now. I've been drooling over the Posts in the droid forums so much that I got to the point where I just want to Sell my milestone and go live in the United States with a droid in my palm.

While Milestone doesn't Droid Does enable its user to:

- Root the device
- Install Updates
- Hence, Install Custom Roms
- Which results in a lot of fun!!

We, Milestone users, are deprived from all of those juicy nice things to do with our device and NOBODY seems to care!?!? seriously guys? what can I do to help root the device?

I expected the user and fan community for the Milestone to be much bigger. But apparently europeans really suck!?

Please give me some answers.

Thank you

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey,

imo i dont understand this thread. My Milestone works fine except for
the autofocus bug. I DONT NEED ROOT, updates will come out short in Jan or Feb, who needs custom roms when everything is fine???

If you bought a Milestone in the US youre the blind anyway, cuz Milestone is GSM and the us Uses CDMA .

SO WHERE IS YOUR PROBLEM???

Whe have thousands of satisfied Milestone users in europe.... :D
Why is you need root?

Why root a device that works?

Tigger

EmilF

Reaction score
Im happy with my Milestone, and I can't really see why you would need root. It's a great phone, with a few minor bugs, but updates are comming...

If you want to root your phone, put custom roms on it etc. you should really go for a HTC model. There is allot of the stuff you want for HTC Android phones. The xda community do allot of good work, but only works with HTC phones:blink:

zudien

Reaction score
Hey,

If you bought a Milestone in the US youre the blind anyway, cuz Milestone is GSM and the us Uses CDMA .

The US uses CDMA (Sprint, Verizon) and GSM (AT&T, T-Mobile). Maybe thats what you meant, just sounded like CDMA is the only thing we use. I suppose the OP wanted to run a droid phone on one of our GSM networks.

edit: re read the post, he wants to use the droid and live here to be able to use it.

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
if yur rich enough to move because you want the american version...then i think yur rich enough to share some of that with me!!! lol i accept paypal lol :D

big_adventure

Reaction score
The Milestone has not even been out for one full month yet. It took longer than that to root the Droid - why on earth would you think that the Milestone would be any different?

The root path on a Motorola android phone seems to work like this -

1. New Phone
2. Update to phone gives up the key, permitting easy rooting.
3. Successful root.

Since there has not yet been even one update, you are stuck just above step 2. Unless you are a VERY good hacker or Moto has made a truly massive implementation error, you will be stuck there until Moto gives us an update.

What is crazy is that you cannot POSSIBLY have exhausted your options with a non-rooted phone yet. Not in a month, not with the number of apps, plugins, widgits, mods, configurations, etc. to try.

DAGr8

Reaction score
Hey,

imo i dont understand this thread. My Milestone works fine except for
the autofocus bug. I DONT NEED ROOT, updates will come out short in Jan or Feb, who needs custom roms when everything is fine???

SO WHERE IS YOUR PROBLEM???

Whe have thousands of satisfied Milestone users in europe.... :D
Why is you need root?

Why root a device that works?

Tigger

You should only have responded with one word to his thread : Patience '

If you will allow me to use one of your quote to answer your question : Why would i need root ? 'because I can' :icon_ devil:

Dont get me wron here I just hate limitations , its my device and I do as I like ...
That is my fvorite answer to many things ,

XShikamaruX

Reaction score
Dear All,

I had the Milestone for quite some time now. I've been drooling over the Posts in the droid forums so much that I got to the point where I just want to Sell my milestone and go live in the United States with a droid in my palm.

While Milestone doesn't Droid Does enable its user to:

- Root the device
- Install Updates
- Hence, Install Custom Roms
- Which results in a lot of fun!!

We, Milestone users, are deprived from all of those juicy nice things to do with our device and NOBODY seems to care!?!? seriously guys? what can I do to help root the device?

I expected the user and fan community for the Milestone to be much bigger. But apparently europeans really suck!?

Please give me some answers.

Thank you

Lol they just announced the updates, i hope you didn't sell your milestone that would be an Epic fail ;)

satchef1

Reaction score
The Milestone should be rooted by next weekend. If you're that impatient then I'll happily buy it from you :)

Skrilax_CZ

Reaction score
So tomorrow. However the problem will persist as many Milestones; like the Czech versions; will have 2.1 preinstalled (released 15/2/2010).

Anyway the CLIQ method should work here as well; so just neeeding a flashfile for RSD Lite (Motorola specific way of flashing it) ...