MacBook Pro Questions

sioux

Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing a Droid X but want to make sure it is compatible with my MacBook Pro. Specifically:

- will the 3G Mobile Hotspot work with it?
- will my iTunes sync with it?
- will my contacts from Mail sync?
- will my iCal appointments sync?
- will I be able to do this through bluetooth?

Can anyone help me? SO excited to get started on the Droid X! (I sure wish there was an Apple section/forum for Mac-specific questions.)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome to the Forum...We might have a section but there are quite a few Mac users here...I am sure one will be helping you soon.

HSMDiver

Reaction score
I've got the same questions. The software provided that says load before connecting to the computer won't read on my mac... what to do!!!!

Any and all help will be appreciated!

Vilkus

Reaction score
Droid x rules but

I'm thinking about purchasing a Droid X but want to make sure it is compatible with my MacBook Pro. Specifically:

- will the 3G Mobile Hotspot work with it?
- will my iTunes sync with it?
- will my contacts from Mail sync?
- will my iCal appointments sync?
- will I be able to do this through bluetooth?

Can anyone help me? SO excited to get started on the Droid X! (I sure wish there was an Apple section/forum for Mac-specific questions.)
HOt spot should work great
Phone sync as mass usb storage
I don't know about syncing contact from I CAL but there are some programs that allow you to sync from Itunes
I think it will sync contacts from google contacts
Sorry that is all I know but the phone is great.

jzgilbert

Reaction score
To sync my iCal stuff I had to get Spanning Sync (there are plenty of other options as well), spanning sync will sync all your appointment, calendars, contacts both ways and does a pretty good job of not getting duplicates, although sometimes it does. As to syncing the contacts with mail, I'm not quite sure as I've never used my mail on my mbp but if all else fails you could port those over to your gmail account and that would work.

droid15

Reaction score
Hi itunes will not work with it but there is a program called double twist that will allow you to sync your droid with your itunes library. A 3G wifi hotspot will work but this feature is only on the droid X. I am not sure how bluetooth works because of the fact I have not attemped it.