Mac Syncing - Missing Sync vs Sailing Media vs DoubleTwist

thejono

Reaction score
Has anybody tried these programs? How would you rate them? I have tried doubletwist, and it's interface is nice, but it syncs music slowly. I think the missing sync is impressive, however many people have had problems with it. I don't like the drag and drop method. I want to sync my playlists.

inpencil

Reaction score
Forget iTunes

I went through the same painstaking process you are going through. Forget all three of those. You need to actually change all your habits when it comes to how you sync. iTunes is a mess, and apple's done a great job of making it a mess so that you have to use their products to organize it.

I use chronosync, tried a ton of diff programs, including all that you listed. This is the best one in my opinion. Get to the root of the problem. Organize any folder on your machine to sync with any folder on the droid - you can schedule backups on a daily, weekly, monthly, or when the device mounts. You can sync right to left or left to right, or syncronize bidirectional. It also recognizes if you delete a file on the computer side, or the droid side, and will update the deletion accordingly. So I just set up certain folders to sync, and do what I want, when i want.

Only thing is you have to change your habits. Forget about iTunes, just start managing your new music in folders on your hard drive and make up playlists that way. I find that this works best, and I'm a music fanatic.

trublond

Reaction score
I have both doubleTwist and MissingSync on my iMac and can give you my opinion.

As for doubleTwist you perform your syncing through the usb connection. I It will pick up the play list you set up in iTunes. It has an iTunes type interface and you can look at the Android Market and Amazon MP3 fro this interface. When syncing it puts your check library or playlists on you device. I haven't play with downloading from the market or Amazon but should be straight forward. Overall it is pretty nice and FREE. I have become a fan of the app for the phone, it is the app I use for music and videos.

Now MissingSync is not quite as nice for me, but it give me a couple of options that doubleTwist doesn't. It allows for syncing over WIFI which I am a huge fan of. Next it syncs other files to/from you phone and you can specify the locations on both sides. It is a paid app.

Now it would be nice if you could specify the locaiton that either app installs the music to, but since it doesn't you can't use them together. It would also be nice if they could automatically pickup which playlist you have checked in iTunes so you wouldn't have to check them again in each app. Now if I had to chose one or the other it would be doubleTwist, they need to get file sharing and WIFI syncing to work.

trublond

Reaction score
I have both doubleTwist and MissingSync on my iMac and can give you my opinion.

As for doubleTwist you perform your syncing through the usb connection. I It will pick up the play list you set up in iTunes. It has an iTunes type interface and you can look at the Android Market and Amazon MP3 fro this interface. When syncing it puts your check library or playlists on you device. I haven't play with downloading from the market or Amazon but should be straight forward. Overall it is pretty nice and FREE. I have become a fan of the app for the phone, it is the app I use for music and videos.

Now MissingSync is not quite as nice for me, but it give me a couple of options that doubleTwist doesn't. It allows for syncing over WIFI which I am a huge fan of. Next it syncs other files to/from you phone and you can specify the locations on both sides. It is a paid app.

Now it would be nice if you could specify the locaiton that either app installs the music to, but since it doesn't you can't use them together. It would also be nice if they could automatically pickup which playlist you have checked in iTunes so you wouldn't have to check them again in each app. Now if I had to chose one or the other it would be doubleTwist, they need to get file sharing and WIFI syncing to work.