luna theme is killing my phone

Bjara

Reaction score
I recently rooted my phone for the first time and I looked for some cool ROMs for my phone, I saw Luna and it looked really cool.
Well it said in order to work I needed to delete CMWallpapers.apk and I figured it was a small issue, I THINK I found it and I THINK I deleted it. Well when I powered up my phone after stumbling through clockwork, it had no notable difference.
Google search bar was purpleish and I had double of all my other apps like 2 galleries and camera and camcorder, well this wouldn't be much of an issue had I not factory reset my phone thinking the issue would be resolved. Well all it did was erase the apps like titanium backup and rom manager
now when I power on the phone, everything is force closing such as the internet searchbar, Gmail, and it force closes when I try to download anything from the market. I just found out I can't make calls either, just received them

How can I either fix the theme or get it off my phone, will it even fix the issues?

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hi, I am the creator of the Luna Theme. It would really be best next time to contact me to work out your issues rather than creating a thread titled "luna theme is killing my phone" hence giving me a bad rap.

As for your issue. What ROM did you install the Luna Theme over? Was it the final version of CM6 or is it a later version. I would think you are not running the original CM6 because of these problems. The theme is only for CM6 original.

Now, I have never heard of anyone having multiple apps like the gallery and such. I am thinking you flashed the theme over an incompatible ROM man. That could be the only way this would happen. And as for the purple bar, I dont even have purple in my theme so thats not from me...

Also, doing a factory reset of your phone is what you do to wipe it clean and install a new ROM. You are obviously going to eff up your phone if you do a reset and expect it to be back to how it was... its not... I suggest you use a nandroid to get back to where you were (hopefully you created one) and or just wipe everyhting in recovery and flash a ROM again. Do not install a theme if it is not made for the ROM.

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
"How can I either fix the theme or get it off my phone, will it even fix the issues?"

A theme cannot be 'taken off' of a phone because when you install a theme it replaces a bunch of system files. In my instructions I asked that you make a nanadroid backup so that you can fix any issues. If you did not then you just learned a good lesson, hah. In this case you have to boot into recovery and do a full wipe of your data and cache and then install a clean ROM and recover your data with titanium (as you mentioned you had). Good luck.

OP
Bjara

Bjara

Reaction score
So if I do a full system wipe it will do what?

OP
Bjara

Bjara

Reaction score
I think I already have wiped everything

Last edited:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I downloaded the ultimate Droid 1.0.0, and no I didn't create a nandroid backup, I do have a titanium backup

Ohhhh. Okay, well I will try to explain something. Fist off you said "Well it said in order to work I needed to delete CMWallpapers.apk" so i was assuming you had Cyanogen since that instruction is ONLY for the Cyanogen6 ROM installation. If you have UD 1.0.0 installed you have to download the Luna Theme made for UD 1.0.0 and install that one. I am thinking you installed the Luna Theme for CM6 on your UD 1.0.0 phone.

I suggest you boot into recovery and do a few data and cache wipes, then install a ROM. Personally I think UD 2.0.0 is way better than UD 1.0.0 but it is all preference. My Luna Theme supports both of them. Just install the ROM and set everything up as you want, then you can download the correct version of the theme and install it. MAKE SURE YOU NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE ANY FLASH CHANGES TO YOUR PHONE! It's a great habbit...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
At this point I just want my phone back to factory conditions, white toolbar and stuff, I need stuff to stop forces closing

You screwed up your system. To fix it you need to boot into recovery, wipe a few times, and re-install a ROM. Next time make sure the theme is built for your exact ROM.

Also, dont update in the forums by editing your last post, it is confusing. Just add another post...

OP
Bjara

Bjara

Reaction score
I've wiped my system like 3 times now. And you keep easing install a rom, well I can't install anything right now so that's an issue

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've wiped my system like 3 times now. And you keep easing install a rom, well I can't install anything right now so that's an issue

How are you wiping your phone? Are you wiping it in SP Recovery or Clockwork Recovery? If you are in a recovery mode you can surely wipe and install a ROM... Download an update.zip and move it to your SD card and install...

OP
Bjara

Bjara

Reaction score
So I can fix all this jazz if I go back on your website, follow the instructions I missed and download 2.0? I'm still all for Luna muzzle I think its cool stuff, I just need a working app market and browser

OP
Bjara

Bjara

Reaction score
I don't have clockwork recovery currently on my phone. I'm using sp recovery

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, I suggest you go to the Ultimate Droid site (www.TheUltimatDroid.com) and download either UD1.0.0 or UD2.0.0 and install it. Then go to my Lune Theme website (Luna.AnthemOfTheSun.com) and download the theme for the ROM you installed.

After that, simply install the Luna Theme as an update.zip over your system in recovery. PM or email me if you have any issues. It should go smoothly if you do it right.

OP
Bjara

Bjara

Reaction score
Since I am utterly retarded, give me a link to your newest rom that will replace the crap on my phone. I don't want to ruin my phone anymore than necessary.

OP
Bjara

Bjara

Reaction score
Thanks, I really appreciate the help and didn't mean for your software to get a bad Rep. I thought 2.0 was for the Droid incredible (that's why I didn't install, I'll keep you posted)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just go to (www.TheUltimatDroid.com) and download UD 2.0.0 if thats the ROM you want. Then go to (Luna.AnthemOfTheSun.com) and download the version that says UD 2.0.0 if thats what version you have. Then reboot into SP Recovery, wipe a few times, install UD then reboot and let your phone go for a bit to sync, then reboot into SP Recovery and flash my Luna Theme and reboot. Should be good.

I have to go to work now, so good luck...