LTE area users

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got the TB today.. been seeing trouble with my phone switching from 4g to 3g to 1x..... anyone else see this happening alot... like the phone cant make up its mind??

Im in Orange County California / Los Angeles..

Thanks.

Doostur

Reaction score
If i'm in a solid 4g area... it stays 4G.

If you are on the borderline like where I live, it bounces around.

BigMace23

Reaction score
Make sure the battery door is on securely... I read somewhere that it acts as an antenna

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
im on 1x.. if i cant google something on demand..thats kinda a deal breaker.. i understand why they delayed launch

i dont think its ready.

funkyb

Reaction score
Yes but where in the area? If you are on the border between a 4G and a 4G extended area, u might see that.

I sometimes do in certain areas, and look forward to an app that let's me hard-shutoff each radio when needed

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Im in huntington beach.. Per the website.. im covered.. it doesnt say borderline.. it says covered.. dam.. i was hoping this would be ironed out.. its clearly not.. i guess i have, what? 14days?

funkyb

Reaction score
Im in huntington beach.. Per the website.. im covered.. it doesnt say borderline.. it says covered.. dam.. i was hoping this would be ironed out.. its clearly not.. i guess i have, what? 14days?

Did u look at the coverage map?

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score

Did u look at the coverage map?

yes.. I put in my address and ZIP.. it says covered.. Im in between LA and San Diego.

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
The Map site says SNA airport is covered.. Orange county.. im in the LTE area... if i can go dedicated 3g.. i would enable it.. i like the phone size.. i just cant have it this flakey.

Arachnidus

Reaction score

Are you serious? Dude, you're not always gonna be on 4G. There are lapses in the network. Sometimes, a small portion of land only a few metres in area might drop you to 1X, and everywhere around will give you LTE. It's normal with a cellphone. If you bought the phone expecting 100% all the time LTE connection, you are the one at fault.

champaned_out

Reaction score
have some patience... 4g network is still new and is constantly being worked on.. give them a few months too smooth out all the deadzone areas for 4g... there rolling out 4g to lot more areas by the end of 2011 which is pretty impressive... a few months wait, for a lifetime of highspeed wireless internet is worth the wait isnt it?

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score

Are you serious? Dude, you're not always gonna be on 4G. There are lapses in the network. Sometimes, a small portion of land only a few metres in area might drop you to 1X, and everywhere around will give you LTE. It's normal with a cellphone. If you bought the phone expecting 100% all the time LTE connection, you are the one at fault.

Im in the same spot right now.. the thing is cycling thru 4g/3g/1x..

i just dont remember having "page not available" this many times in a day.. on my INC.... ill give it some time.. but.. just testing and browsing.. i see "no network connection" one too many times..

Id be fine if i can just put the thing on 3g.. until 4g is fully propagated.....

in my office.. 3 other people got the phone and all exibited the issue.... like.. "no connection".. im not B1tching.. just telling you what we are seeing.. Im an HTC/Android guy.. and i dont wanna see.. "page cannot be displayed" The INC is solid on 3g here.. i dunno what to say.. i was expecting a little more stability with all the delays.

Last edited:

tubemonkey

Reaction score
in my office.. 3 other people got the phone and all exibited the issue.... like.. "no connection".. im not B1tching.. just telling you what we are seeing.. Im an HTC/Android guy.. and i dont wanna see.. "page cannot be displayed" The INC is solid on 3g here.. i dunno what to say.. i was expecting a little more stability with all the delays.

This isn't good. I'm in a borderline area and I certainly don't want the phone constantly cycling for a signal. Talk about a battery killer; not to mention the inability to connect to the net.

Thanks for the info. This could be a deal breaker.

OP
manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score

This isn't good. I'm in a borderline area and I certainly don't want the phone constantly cycling for a signal. Talk about a battery killer; not to mention the inability to connect to the net.

Thanks for the info. This could be a deal breaker.

i can bet this is why all the delay.. vzw doesnt need their rep to be tarnished.