Loving my new Droid

mkenney

Reaction score
Hi all! Proud new owner of a droid X. For 20 years have had a no option company phone. Going from that to an X is like Dorothy going from black and white to color in the Wizard of Oz. Need to work on my calander (cant't read appotinments in the calander view), WiFi (what can I do with it when I have the data palan), and music (ho w come there is no docking station with speakers like my ipod).

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

Standard rules apply:

Play nice. No flames. Keep it clean. Keep it family friendly. Don’t double-post. Don't feed the Mods, SMods, or Admins. They'll follow you home if you do, so really, it's for your own protection.

So, glad to have you on board! Have fun! :)

I can answer 2 without hesitation -- it lets you get online at higher speeds and in areas you don't have good 3G coverage but do have a WiFi signal. Also, WiFi uses less battery if the signal is stronger than the 3G, especially in a weak 3G area. Mostly, though, it's for a speed boost while browsing or downloading.

jen7724

Reaction score
I strongly recommend downloading launcher pro as a home replacement. I also have a great need for a good calendar and the one that comes on the X didn't cut it for me. LP has a good calendar that syncs w your google account not to mention ask end other amazing things it had to offer. If you don't want to do that then Smooth Calendar is another good one, download either from the market.

I personally don't use mine for music very often, the speakers just aren't loud enough and have stuck w my ipod and ihome for that.

Enjoy your new phone! I also recommend rooting it after you get more comfortable with things. There's endless possibilities after thst.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum - it seems you have found plenty of help already, we are glad to have you with us

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Not sure what issues you are having with your calendar but keep one thing in mind: It's a google phone so if it's at all possible move your calendar and your contacts to Google and gmail. That will make life much simpler for you.

I loved the Wizard of Oz comparison. After having the Blackberry Storm for a year I know exactly what you meant.