Lost Root when loading Liberty 1.5

jimmybay

Reaction score
I'm able to get into Liberty Toolbox which requires root, but Wireless Tether for Root and Droid Overclock both say I dont have root access, I have run Z4 root and it wont seem to give me root. Thanks for any help I cant seem to find anyone else having this problem.

Droid X running Liberty 1.5

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
You might not have responded in time when you were asked for superuser access. If that is the case open your app drawer and hit the superuser icon and give the programs that you want superuser access. Hope that helps

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
J

jimmybay

Reaction score
dirtyfingers - In my superuser permission the only thing listed is Liberty Toolbox and thats allowed, I dont see how to add any other programs.

nerdslogic - I actually did unistall Z4 since I had version 1.1 and installed 1.3, then used it to unroot and then permanent root and still no luck.

Thanks for the response guys.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
So are you running into issues with Z4? Have you tried installing other root applications to see if they get SU access? Try root checker or shootme or drocap2.

OP
J

jimmybay

Reaction score
Cant use Drocap, Droid Overclock or Wireless Tether for Root, but I have Superuser Permissions in my App Drawer and if I open Z4 it says I'm rooted and gives me the option to Un-Root.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would probably back up everything if you haven't already and click unroot....then root again. Matter fact....unroot....clear data and cache for the app then uninstall....reinstall and reroot.

But that is just me.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
It does sound like you lost root. And those apps that are there will only cause issues on a unrooted phone.

OP
J

jimmybay

Reaction score
Tried all that, no luck, I may end up reinstalling liberty I have a feeling, some reason now it boots into recovery every time i restart and occasionally has the error "The application Market (process come.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." comes up on startup

OP
J

jimmybay

Reaction score
Reinstalling Liberty 1.5 did the trick, i was rooted before i even ran Z4, it asked for SU permissions when i went to run it and had Un-root as an option, thanks to nerdslogic and dirtyfingers for all the help!