Lost my swype

zimsport

Reaction score
Opened up a text today and it told me my swype beta version expired. Not sure how to update this since it came on my phone. Using comrom 2.0
any suggestions?
Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

collinjm01

Reaction score
many other ppl are having the same issue, including myself. Im waiting on a reply on the commrom 2 thread as we speak...

craigeo

Reaction score
To fix mine I changed to the android keyboard, then deleted /system/lib/libSwypeCore.2.29.71.20203.so and /system/app/Swype.apk, then downloaded and installed swype from the swype web site.

Tvo14

Reaction score
Craigs suggestion work for me and now I'm using the newer version of Swype thats in Beta from Swypes website! Thanks Craig!

craigeo

Reaction score
Where does it fail? It failed for me installing swype until I rebooted.
So after removing the two files reboot your phone then download and install swype from the swype website.

collinjm01

Reaction score
i cant delete the two files.... i have root. i tried using File Manager, it fails on deleting...

craigeo

Reaction score
You need to use root file manager or the terminal and mount /system read write before trying to delete.

Tvo14

Reaction score
If using Super Manager make sure you go into the settings and make sure root access is enabled

Sport

Reaction score
Now that the trial period of Beta is over for both Swift Key and Swype, is there another option to using either one...other than the obvious?

Last edited: