Lost my droid =(

germommah

Reaction score
My phone was lost/stolen. What should I do? Is there any way to recover the contacts (the non gmail users) or pictures from the phone online? I just had it for a month so I didnt really do any backing up of anything.

Also, how do I protect/disable the information that was on the phone? I had a security keypad in the front but I'm worried that it could be compromised.

Help!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
All contacts that were sync'ed with google will be there for ya.
Did you kill service on it and report it stolen/missing?
Insurance?
WaveSecure or Shield Defense on it?

frankieg22x

Reaction score
to bad we can't test out the app that will find your phone if it is ever lost or stolen...

or the one that will lock it so nobody else can access information...

OP
G

germommah

Reaction score
I suspended service on it and reported it lost/stolen to verizon.

I didnt even know about wave defense etc.

I have insurance so I'm getting a replacement droid on Monday.

I have the Where's My Droid app on it but I never tried using it because I have no idea how i could.

cuskit

Reaction score
I suspended service on it and reported it lost/stolen to verizon.

I didnt even know about wave defense etc.

I have insurance so I'm getting a replacement droid on Monday.

I have the Where's My Droid app on it but I never tried using it because I have no idea how i could.
Care to share the circumstances as to when/where you last used it, and why you think it may have been stolen? I've misplaced mine many a time, and by calling from another phone always found it. Usually very embarrassing as it was usually right where I swore it couldn't be! ;)

Sorry to hear your dismal tale! Lucky you had the insurance. Let us know if they replace it with a new phone or a refurb (if it's possible to tell). Did they charge your card the $89.00 deductible?

On that note - does anyone know if you find a phone after receiving a replacement, can you return it and get a refund on the $89.00? Just getting my act together should I misplace it just one more time! :)

Careless Cuskit in Jersey

OP
G

germommah

Reaction score
I know its lost/stolen because I was at a new years eve party at a hotel. I realized that my clutch purse seemed lighter than it supposed to so i looked around and found my wallet and other things but could not find my droid! I searched the entire floor. By the time I realized it someone may have already picked it up and taken it for themselves. My droid is gone =(.

I got charged the $89 deductible.

ggtus

Reaction score
doesn't the droid have gps? wouldnt they be able to track it that way?

cuskit

Reaction score
Ouch. I now feel your pain! ;) But - all will be better come Monday! And hopefully, when the thief goes to make a call, it will blow up in his thieving face! :icon_cussing:

ggtus

Reaction score
haha. well i remember a story about the police working with at&t by using the phones gps to locate a stolen truck, the owner left his phone in the center console and they traked it that way.

but since verizon is sending a new phone the old one is black listed and cant be turned on correct?

squishee

Reaction score
Mine was lost/stolen too!

Although I can probably say "how funny!" not funny at all :( I'm in the same situation as you. My Droid was only 30-days old too lost it and did not know of the available apps to recover it. The problem is ?? I still have hopes to recover it? hope someone can help!! I too had a password on it! Now, as far as your info, once you get your new phone enter your Gmail account and it will bring back all your apps and contacts! How do I know, I just bought a new one because I was a dummy and did not get insurance and was too late because it was more than 30 days!! 34days!!! My phone is still connected but off. Whishing they can turn it on and I can find it! but, I changed the battery and cannot be charged, they will have to buy a new battery!! I will report it to vz. so they can't activate it!! but hoping to find it..
Good luck and I"m glad you did get insurance, I had to pay for a whole new phone and now have another 2year contract!!

styx

Reaction score
I lost my phone up hunting a couple years ago. I called Verizon to have the service canceled. When I went back out hunting the next day I found it laying under some leaves. I picked it up and it still worked. The service was never suspended. I still have the phone and service wasn't canceled until I bought my Droid. Truth!

jgoon

Reaction score
HA ha I recently had my Droid "relocated" for me. How do I GPS it? Or at least get my pictures back?