Lost Lg Ally

sbaine

Reaction score
Yesterday I lost my phone, I had the GPS system track it, Im pretty sure it is gone for good. I have the pattern lock so it is impossible to get into. My main question is I have suspended the phone.Is there anyway someone could still use the phone?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Yesterday I lost my phone, I had the GPS system track it, Im pretty sure it is gone for good. I have the pattern lock so it is impossible to get into. My main question is I have suspended the phone.Is there anyway someone could still use the phone?

Doubtful. Plus once you report it lost/stolen the esn is listed as bad so nobody else can activate it.

sent from somewhere...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Doubtful. Plus once you report it lost/stolen the esn is listed as bad so nobody else can activate it.

sent from somewhere...

Well, I just got done discussing this in another thread. There are some companies out there that will activate phones with bad ESN's although they provide very limited services and no updates.

And I can't tell you the number of people who have bought phones from places like Craig's List that had bad ESN's. Many realize they got ripped off and that's usually the end of it.

I know it's too late now but there are one or two services, lookout being one, that provide GPS tracking for your phone if it does get lost.