Lost facebook contacts and photos

eliasperez13

Reaction score
Hello i bought the droid bionic today!, i had my Facebook contacts on my phone, but for some dumb reason i removed my Facebook account from my droid so i lost all my contacts and photos,so i add my Facebook account again to my bionic, but my Facebook contacts and pictures dont show up!!
Please help me get my Facebook contacts and pictures bak its been bugging me all day
Thank you

Reaction score
It takes a few hours for FB to sync with the Bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
Up to 24 hrs. Most of mine synced within 8 hrs but the rest took almost a full day to sync.

OP
E

eliasperez13

Reaction score
when the guy at best buy synced it for the first time it did it very quick

fizband

Reaction score
how many hours? because i been waiting for 6 hours
I've been waiting for 3 days and not one contact has come back, gallery also does not show any online friends, only thing that is working is social networking, but that is not displaying any contact or pictures too just a blank Grey open space. almost all my call to Verizon last week was about gallery app no showing my contacts photos and no contacts in phone and phone wont sync to facebook. was finally told if its pre installed apps related call motorola earlier today, called them they recorded the errors and said they will have a blur team looking into it. question, does your phone need to be recognized by facebook for it to be able to sync with it? coz mine wasnt the first time i activated bionic. you can try to manually sync with facebook. 1.) by turning off background data. 2.) going to android market - you will be prompted if you want to enable background data - choose enable 3.) you will be taken to account and sync settings 4.) look below you see facebook and the sync icon there. - mine is greyed out and does not allow me to sync. as well as the phone sync with a symbol of redlock and inside two curved arrows rotating around it

dislimone

Reaction score
Ok I am having the same issue. Tried all of the above and facebook will not allow the resync. Must be some type of issue with either the honeycomb os or the new facebook update. I had all my contacts synced and for some reason, after the newest facebook update, all android os phones will not sync with facebook. I have tried every way possible to resync my phone and by the look of it nothing is working. People on other forums say to use picsaypro but I hear its crap. If anyone out there has any suggestios please help!!!! If not then we need to bombard android/motorola tech support until we get this issue fixed. Pretty upsetting to pay this much for a device and we are unable to get what was a standard issue in the original droid products.

dislimone

Reaction score
Im convinced that ever since google+ went live to everyone and facebook put out an immediate update following the announcement, that neither of the two no longer support one another. I guess we are all subject to a pissing match between the two services and even though the programs are all preinstalled in the phones, we will no longer get to use the feature. Cheers to those who were able to get their accounts to sync before the update. And I feel for all of you that love to see a photo of those that call. If anyone else comes up with a solution I am patiently waiting and stuck living my life on hold to verizon and motorla tech supportdancedroid

JayMonster

Reaction score
There are 2 separate places (if you have the app) that you have to put in your FB infomration for contacts to sync. The app no longer does it (thanks to feud with Google), but if you go to Settings, Accounts, Facebook (if you have the app installed, you will see 2 icons, 1 will not work) and enter your information there, then your contacts should sync properly.

dislimone

Reaction score
Hey jaymonster. That was true prior to the new facebook update but as of the last update that was implemented about a week ago, android and facebook no longer support one another. I have been on other forums and the general consensus is one of the two companies disabled the sync process. When you add account from my accounts and input your information, facebook does say it is syncing but when you manually try to sync, this option is disabled. And i have waited 3days without successful syncing of co tacts or photos

JayMonster

Reaction score
You are right, Facebook and Android does not... But Blur... Oh excuse me... The Motorola Application Layer does! (unless it broke in the past couple hours, it is still working.) that is why I said you need to ensure your credentials are correct in both places.

dislimone

Reaction score
Well I only have the preinstalled facebook. Every time I try to sync the account nothing happens. Under my contacts i have facebook up and my auto sync is green but nothing is happening. Been like this for four days now. Could my phone be broke?

km75

Reaction score
I believe on the newest version of gingerbread google stopped allowing the syncing of facebook. That being said if its that important to you (which it sounds like it is) download friendcaster from the market and it will allow you to sync your contacts.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums