Lost contacts and apps after flashing CM7......

lotaco87

Reaction score
Well, after flashing CyanogenMod7, it seems I have lost all of my contacts and all of my apps, including the android market. I have searched everywhere that I know of to search for answers/ tips...... I have tried to install the Gapps zip, but unsure if it actually worked or not. does anyone have a step by step guide to getting my contacts and my apps back? I backed up everything on Titanium, but it is also one of the lost apps. I followed the fascinate guide on cyanogen wiki, so everything was done correctly as i used their guide. Any help greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance!

OP
L

lotaco87

Reaction score
Come on people, I know this has happened to someone or someone knows how to fix these kind of problems. I will gladly pay someone $10 via pay pal ----- IF ------ they can walk me through the process of completely fixing my phone!! Thanks in advance!

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Using your Internet browser do a Google search for the android market update. Sorry, do this on your phone. Download the market update directly to your phone and install it. That will allow you to get titanium backup back. Did you have your contacts saved in your Google account?

This post is Incredible 2!

OP
L

lotaco87

Reaction score
Not sure, but I know I backed up everything on Titanium Backup. At this point, I don't care about my contacts...... I can receive text messages and call people and get on the internet, but I can't send text messages....... If I could get my apps back and be able to send texts again, I would be happy.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Cm7 should have come with an app for browsing files. If you find that, look in your directories for the backups folder. When you find that, you can manually install the apps you need from the apk backup files. The gapps are a zip file that can also be browsed this way and install apps from any file browser. Just make sure you have Unknown sources checked in your settings.

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.