LOST ALL Contacts out of no where!!!!!

Bankai9

Reaction score
K, so I woke up this morning and picked up my phone and all of my text messages had phone numbers instead of my friend's names labling them (no photos either). So I look in my contacts and it says I have none, no favorites either. WTF... :icon_evil: My call history was deleted too, which I though was weird.

I got 2.1 like 3 weeks ago so I doubt it has any conection. Im not rooted and haven't used any sketchy apps.:blackdroid:

I imported the original numbers I had on my SD card from when I first got my phone, so all the new numbers and changes I made to my contacts were lost, and that took forever to do the first time. And I lost some number I had labled with brackets like "[HUCD] Hospital" thoes are all gone. Whats happened? And will it happen again? So frustrating when you loose all your conatcs!!:icon_eek:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First, so long as your phone is linked to google you never really lose you contacts. They are always available in Gmail on line.

In your case what I think you need to do is simply go to contacts/menu button/import-export and import from SD card. This should bring everything back.

OP
Bankai9

Bankai9

Reaction score
They came back but some contacts are still missing. I don't sync my gmail contacts because my facebook is organized better. Every time I tried syncing it to gmail it copies the people in my gmail, not the contacts on my phone so it replaces my phone list with the crappy gmail list. It would take forever to have to organize these people in my gmail account online.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
They came back but some contacts are still missing. I don't sync my gmail contacts because my facebook is organized better. Every time I tried syncing it to gmail it copies the people in my gmail, not the contacts on my phone so it replaces my phone list with the crappy gmail list. It would take forever to have to organize these people in my gmail account online.

Since I can't see your gmail account it's hard for me to give advise. This is a google phone however, so gmail should be part of your phone. If it's just that you get a bunch of contacts you don't want you can set it up to use just contacts with phone numbers. That way you won't get a contact for everyone you sent an email out to.