Loop Hole?

Hooblaim

Reaction score
I need to know if there is a loop hole somehow so I can getthe droid, this is my situation:

A year ago my moms contract was up so she got a new phone and with her old phone she gave to me and opened up another line, do I need to wait until next November to get te droid or is there away for me to switch phones for free without paying 600$ I am asking this since my line didn't buy a phone I just had it from my mom.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Call and ask. FREE? Not a chance. Never. But you might get it at contract price so under 200. You'll have to sign a new contract, but such is life. I don't know how it works with add on lines.

stephenrb81

Reaction score
Unfortunately it sounds like you'd have to wait. For upgrading, your mom's main line might qualify to upgrade every year for signing new 2-year agreements but all the secondary lines must wait 2 years (20 months actually...I believe).

If you are 18, you could open your own account with Verizon, but you might have to pay a deposit depending on credit.

The only other option to get the droid for the contract price is to add another line if no upgrade options are available

Edit: MedicThree gave a great idea....Call and ask (or beg/plea), VZW has been known to work well on the phone

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
My 18yo son just opened his own VZW account....No credit.....Cost him $400 for the deposit.

OP
H

Hooblaim

Reaction score
Just called verizon and there is a loop hole, sinc it was an existing phone I can upgrade to the droid but have to get a 2 year contract which isn't a big deal.

stephenrb81

Reaction score
Awsome! Sometimes it does help just to call and get it from the horse's mouth.

BacknBlack: Ouch, I've heard people paying deposits that high...I think when I opened mine a few years back that I only paid around $130, but I had some established credit

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
BacknBlack: Ouch, I've heard people paying deposits that high...I think when I opened mine a few years back that I only paid around $130, but I had some established credit

It is what it is....Maybe the high deposit will make him keep his bill paid on time.

sjleader

Reaction score
OK, I had to call 4 times. Finally I got a rep who wanted to close the deal...They can give you an early upgrade if they CHOOSE to. I told them it would be cheaper to pay the $120 cancellation fee and go get an IPHONE-- They pushed whatever buttons and all I had to do was give another 2 year contract.