Lookout App Question

Reaction score
People all across the droid forums, and other places, are saying that antivirus software is "bad" or unnecessary. Lookout is an antivirus protection program, along with a theft location and data backup utility, Lookout is a good application to have right?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The theft location feature and backup utility are in no way a waste.

The anti-virus software is. The malware that does exist on Android is due to permissions given to certain apps. (common sense is the best defense here)

The real issue people have with the anti-virus is running real-time protection, as it will use resources on your phone, and slow down all processes as it will constantly be scanning everything.

If you can disable the real-time protection (and keep the anti-virus from running in the background) then I'd say that app, with it's other features, is not a waste.

OP
R
Reaction score
So does this mean that the antivirus feature in Lookout is useless or unnecessary? I have it scheduled to scan/backup every night at like 3am, and my phone is always on the charger every night.

HuffPCair

Reaction score
I use lookout but I just use it to backup my pictures and what not. I have the Antivirus disabled like said above there is no point in having an antivirus.