Looking to tether via wifi & wap not ad hoc

BUTLERDANIEL70

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a wifi tether app for android that uses a wap signal instead of ad hoc?
I am trying to tether my droid 2 directly to my ps3 for playing modern warfare 2. I live in the country so i have no hsi options
availible at this point. And before any naysayers chime in, let me say this- i'm already playing through this connection but
i have to tether the droid to the laptop and then connect a cable from the laptop to the ps3 with a shared connection.
What i'm wanting to do is take the laptop out of the equation so it's not tied up & my wife can use it while i'm playing c.o.d.
Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!!!!!

naknak95

Reaction score
I haven't found anything yet, but what you could try is to use a laptop and connect your laptop to your ad-hoc network and bridge the Wireless Connection and the Ethernet Conection together and plug an internet cord from your laptop to your PS3.

Reaction score
Lol that's what he said he is doing already.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sue there is no way around this, except to get a dedicated mobile broadband device.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

naknak95

Reaction score
Lol that's what he said he is doing already.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sue there is no way around this, except to get a dedicated mobile broadband device.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Oops sorry didn't read the whole thing. Yea just keep using your laptop until they find ways to bypass the ad hoc.

mewshi

Reaction score
There are ways to get infrastructure mode on your phone, but it's deep magic not to be discussed here...

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Pay for the 3g app or wait for a dev to make their own take on it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

romanrish

Reaction score
Download the Team Black Hat from the market. There may or may not be a hack to enable something that you're talking about. If it existed it would be all the way to the bottom of the app menu. Oh and you need to make sure you have the stock wifi hotspot app.