Looking for an answer

ndeans

Reaction score
Hi, I'm signing on because I have an android phone (HTC Eris). I have an android phone because I'm interested in developing for the android platform.

But first things first... My first challenge is to get visual voice mail working for free. I found PhoneFusion and installed it and set up my account, but my voice mails are still coming into my normal Verizon VM while my PhoneFusion screen remains blank.

Any ideas?

- Thanks

J

Johnly

Very interesting quest! Let me know when you get it! I am a sucker for 2.99 VV.
Greetz

phonefusion

Reaction score
Response From PhoneFusion Customer Support

Thank You for your interest in our application. In order for the voicemails to be sent to the application you will need to set up conditional call forwarding. With the Android app it is simple!

Open the application, click Menu->Settings-> Activate Fusion VM+. Once this has been done your voicemails will be picked up by our voicemail and sent back to you within the application.

Hope this helps! If you need any further assistance with troubleshooting this app please visit our support site at support.phonefusion.com and submit a trouble ticket so our technicians can assist you!

OP
ndeans

ndeans

Reaction score
Thank you... I tried that and it worked. It actually couldn't be any easier... PF was my first shot at setting an alternate VM up so excuse my silliness. Anyway, now that I've had a day or two to figure out how VM works and to test Google Voice and YouMail as well as PhoneFusion, I have another question for you... (or anyone with an answer)...

Why does it take 2-3 minutes after leaving a message for the notification to hit my droid? With Google and YouPhone it only takes 25 seconds...

Other than that, I have to say out of the three PhoneFusion has the best android app.

phonefusion

Reaction score
That is quite a long time to receive a notification. You do have to have an active WIFI or data connection on your device in order for the app to sync with the server so this MAY be related depending on if you were in an area where you had service or not.

The only other thing that would cause such a delay is the fact that we DO transcribe the voicemails to text. We offer this feature as a free trial for the first 30 days when you sign up for a new account.(After 30 days the feature is disabled and you can turn it back on by logging into your account online and adding billing info. The feature is only .99 per month) Sometimes depending on the length of the voicemail (which can be up to 2 minutes) it may take some time for the transcription to complete which could be the reason you are seeing that delay.

OP
ndeans

ndeans

Reaction score
...that could be it. Is there a way I can just switch transcribing off? I really don't have much use for that feature.

I'm pretty close to settling on PF... I hate the web interface for YouMail and GV doesn't allow me to upload audio files to assign to greetings.

Just two things left that kind of bug me about PF... The (813) number that I have to forward my unanswered calls is long distance for me (YouMail provides local numbers) and I can't assign greetings per caller or group, only per schedule.

Am I missing something? Is there a way around either of those issues?

Thanks...

Edit: Never mind that comment about not being able to assign a greeting per caller - I found out how to do that... one more plus for PF. All I need now is to figure out how to avoid getting charged for long distance calls whenever PF picks up.

Last edited:

phonefusion

Reaction score
We can remove the transcription feature for you. Please send the request to [email protected] and include your mobile number.

We only have two forwarding numbers the 813 number and a 415 number.

As far as the greetings go, you can in fact assign a specific greeting to a caller based on their caller ID. Log into your web account and click on Phone Options -> Scheduled Greetings.

For more infromation on this feature please visit our support site.