Looking for a new Alarm Clock replacement

Briankbl

Reaction score
I hate the default app. I would like one that keeps my alarms sorted, not by the order that I create it, but by the regular time of day. Also, an alarm app that doesn't have a cap on how many alarms I can make. So far, that is the only thing I am missing from my old iPhone.

Any recommendations would be great, thanks!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
i downloaded shaketowake alarm clock but i dont think thats what youre looking for....but the only way to disable the alarm is by shaking it really hard!! which is good for me lol...but its basically like the default alarm clock so im not sure if thats what you would want....i did see some nice looking paid apps that looked like good alarm clocks but i forget all the names...sorry

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
i downloaded shaketowake alarm clock but i dont think thats what youre looking for....but the only way to disable the alarm is by shaking it really hard!! which is good for me lol...but its basically like the default alarm clock so im not sure if thats what you would want....i did see some nice looking paid apps that looked like good alarm clocks but i forget all the names...sorry

Yeah, nothing in the Marketplace jumps out at me. You'd think the stock app would be at least slightly more robust than what it is. No sorting of your alarms? Limit on how many alarms you can make? Aaarrrggghhh...

Sleeve

Reaction score
+1 on Gentle Alarm. I've used it since a day or two after getting my Droid. Very responsive developer, very interesting concept of waking during a light sleep cycle, very comprehensive ways to manage unlimited alarms using unlimited alarm profiles. A profile is a pre-built behavior that you can set to occur at any time you wish. For example, use this MP3 track, start at this volume %, fade up to this volume & over X number of minutes. Use this ringtone, always make a 100% volume sound indefinitely at the end of any alarm, etc... Quite powerful, and if there is anything you wish it did that it doesn't and the developer agrees with your idea you'll have the feature in two weeks, tops.

My phone is my alarm clock every day, so I selected an app carefully.

techguru

Reaction score
Another +1 for Gentle Alarm. Sleeve listed all the reasons, so I won't repeat. I'll just say it works great.

Alan