Looking for a few apps

Silverwing

Reaction score
I was looking for a few apps, and I couldn't find them so I figured I would ask here and perhaps somebody could help me out:

1. I was looking for an app that will prevent my droid from going into landscape mode on the homescreen *only* when I slide out my keyboard. I never want my homescreen to be in landscape mode, ever.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
2. It already works that way now.

Wrong, try pulling out your keyboard and check :icon_ banana:
How about going into "Settings"/Sounds and Display/ uncheck Orientation. Then it will only open in landscape mode when the keyboard comes out.

P.S. - no need to be nasty when you get an answer. Maybe doing a search feature instead of being a wise guy would have brought you to at least 10 different threads that discuss this extensively.

OP
S

Silverwing

Reaction score
2. It already works that way now.

How about going into "Settings"/Sounds and Display/ uncheck Orientation. Then it will only open in landscape mode when the keyboard comes out.

P.S. - no need to be nasty when you get an answer. Maybe doing a search feature instead of being a wise guy would have brought you to at least 10 different threads that discuss this extensively.

I am sorry, I didn't mean to do anything "wise-guy" like...I was unaware of any wrong doing. Sorry, I was not aware of me being nasty at all, when I got an answer. I didn't even respond. I did try the search, and I was unable to find anything for my particular problem.

What I am trying to get to work is that only the desktop *won't* go into landscape mode when the keyboard is slid out, I still want web pages, texts, etc, to go into landscape.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I am sorry, I didn't mean to do anything "wise-guy" like...I was unaware of any wrong doing. Sorry, I was not aware of me being nasty at all, when I got an answer. I didn't even respond. I did try the search, and I was unable to find anything for my particular problem.

What I am trying to get to work is that only the desktop *won't* go into landscape mode when the keyboard is slid out, I still want web pages, texts, etc, to go into landscape.
Silverwing, all is cool. I don't think there is a way to prevent the landscape mode when the keyboard is out, so you're probably out of luck. I think it's by design that it will automatically go to landscape when you're using the keyboard or your neck might snap off if you'e using the keyboard a lot and have to keep turning your head sideways because the screen is still in portrait mode. :)

Reaction score

OK, now I'm confused. Doing what you said here does not change the fact that the keyboard out = landscape ? You even say the same thing later in in this very thread ?? I'm not clear on your stance here. :icon_ devil:

Deuel

Reaction score
Silverwing - Checkout the Display Modes dropdown at the top right of the thread. Try Threaded Mode. It makes it easy to know who replying to you, or other members. Also, the post you're viewing, is the post you'll reply to.

OP
S

Silverwing

Reaction score
I am sure this can be done, since there are apps that will let you go into landscape mode on your homescreen by just turning your phone - even if the keyboard is in. There must be an app that will prevent the desktop homescreen to ever into landscape. Just the homescreen on your desktop, not other apps.