Looking at a note but...

crakmasta

Reaction score
I'm ready for a change after Verizon and HTC largely have washed their hands of the thunderbolt. I've been looking at both the galaxy s3 or the note. The note seems to be everything I've ever wanted other than its monstrous size. Have you guys gotten used to that, or does anyone know of any upcoming devices that may be of a more modest size from Samsung that would offer that beefy quad core processor and ram

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
You get used to the size 99% of thr time it works amazing. Its bootloader is unlocked.....im running cleanrom 3.5 and its going awesome. Size wise it fits in all my pants fine even the bit tighter jeans.....I would (and have been) recommending this phone to all my friends.

Sent from my Note 2 using the Droid Forums App

stillwaiting

Reaction score
I have had my note 2 for about a week and I don't even notice the size, at first when I saw it in the store I thought it was enormous, but now I am of the opinion it is just about perfect, and if anything I think it could maybe be a little bigger :p

MTBryan

Reaction score
I have had my note 2 for about a week and I don't even notice the size, at first when I saw it in the store I thought it was enormous, but now I am of the opinion it is just about perfect, and if anything I think it could maybe be a little bigger :p

Geeze, me too. My wife's iPhone seems tiny!
I have big hands and can easily operate the Note 2 one handed. It's an awesome phone!
I don't have an iPad or a tablet. If I had one, I might not need a phone as big as the Note 2. But I don't really feel the need for one. Between this Note 2 and my laptop, I'm good.

Reeftivo

Reaction score
It will always be in the back of your mind that is big since it's the biggest out right now. Once you handle it for a couple days you get over that quick. i've found it laughable when I hold my Droid x next to it. The ease at which one can view everything is only outweighed by the awsome power and functionality this phone provides. My brother returned his DNA yesterday and now has the GN2.

stillwaiting

Reaction score
I have big hands and can easily operate the Note 2 one handed. It's an awesome phone!
I don't have an iPad or a tablet. If I had one, I might not need a phone as big as the Note 2. But I don't really feel the need for one. Between this Note 2 and my laptop, I'm good.
yes, thats another thing I forgot to mention, I'm not familiar with hand sizes but I think I am around a medium size or so and have almost no problem using my note 2 with a spigen ultra thin case on it.

tfly212

Reaction score
Going on my second week with my note 2...totally used the size now. Fits in jeans pockets as well as a suit coat pocket. Actually feels smaller in my pocket than my old Charge because it is so thin. Typing on the bigger keyboard is awesome and watching videos rivals a tablet. I think as I use the S-Pen more that will become the killer app...Jobs ridiculed it, but I think it has some pretty awesome potential. And if you are coming from a TB, which had crappy battery life like the Charge, you will be amazed! I get about 30 hours on a charge with >5 hours of screen time on 4G the entire time. Give it a shot...I doubt you will regret it.

Reeftivo

Reaction score
S pen is starting to grow on me too. I disabled the quick note pop up at first because I was always looking around and it was an annoyance. Now that I have figured out a lot of things, I enabled the pop up and use the quick note all the time. I'm loving that and the crop/cut out to send quick stuff is a blast. I think I'll still be discovering cool new things on this phone a year from now.

OP
crakmasta

crakmasta

Reaction score
Re: Looking at a note but...Looking at a note but...

Anyone have one with a heavy case like an otterbox or seidio? Gotta have one in my line of work

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Jumper2501

Reaction score
I do use a 10-inch tablet (or should I say "did"?). Over the 2 days or so I've had the N2, I haven't touched my tablet. I've got true portability from what seems to be a very capable device.

MTBryan

Reaction score
yes, thats another thing I forgot to mention, I'm not familiar with hand sizes but I think I am around a medium size or so and have almost no problem using my note 2 with a spigen ultra thin case on it.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention I use my Note naked most of the time. It fits easily in my jacket pocket or cargo pants around the house. So it is easier to use with one hand naked (no joke intended :) )

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Size is non issue.. Once you use it you will see.. You can always test drive it for the 14 days and if you don't like it $35 re stocking fee.. Great deal in my opinion.. I bet you keep it.. I do use a slim case so I can't speak of the otterbox and such.. We do have a few threads on here with case comparison.. Hit them up for sure.. Good luck..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

Caesars

Reaction score
I have a surface, an active, and an otterbox Commuter.

Surface - super thin, really more of a grip function, no real protection.

Active - thin with a hybrid silicone /plastic shell - decent protection (haven't dropped yet)

Commuter - much thicker (not as big as defender) - tons of protection.

All three feel VERY COMFORTABLE in my hands, none seem too big, but I have giant hands lol.

Return of the Android

stillwaiting

Reaction score
Oh yes, I forgot to mention I use my Note naked most of the time. It fits easily in my jacket pocket or cargo pants around the house. So it is easier to use with one hand naked (no joke intended :) )
I used to use it naked but every time I put it down I was scared I would scratch the back on something and ruin that beautiful finish, and it is a bit slick when naked(insert joke here) :biggrin: