WERA689

Administrator
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
One+ One, Nexus 5
OnePlus One Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Coming Next Month
BY JACOB KLEINMAN | JANUARY 15, 2015

oneplus-one-review-001-630x420.jpg

If you’re still waiting for your OnePlus One to make the official jump to Android 5.0 Lollipop we have some good news. The Cyanogen-powered phone is getting its own specialized version of Google’s latest mobile OS in February, according to Cyanogen founder Steve Kondik.

The news actually comes as part of a longer interview from Android Central meant to clear up the confusing power struggle between OnePlus and Micromax in India. In an effort to reassure us that Cyanogen hasn’t abandoned the phone, Kondik notes that Lollipop is coming to the device next month.

“I have no idea what the future holds beyond that,” he added, suggesting the two companies could potentially part ways later this year.

Link to full story:
OnePlus One Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Coming Next Month Cyanogen Founder Says TechnoBuffalo

Last edited by a moderator:

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't wait!! :) I got tired of waiting, so I started flashing.:D So far Liquid Smooth and now a rom called Validus. I think LP really unlocks the potential in this device. Can't wait until the official. Oh BTW! The new theme engine is now in alpha mode and will be in all CM nightly builds from today forward.

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^ I am now thinking about snagging one.

Lollipop roms for this phone are pretty stable right now. I have had good success with several so far. I think there is enough developer interest in this phone to keep it healthy for quite some time.(The phone was born to flash lol). Edit: I believe that CM will continue to support the OPO. They have been doing a lot of work on the OPO as seen in CM's nightlies. They were scheduled to release LP for the OPO in February, but it sounds like that has been bumped back to March.

Oh, and on a side note. From what I understand, the Oxygen OS is dev'd by the Paranoid Android team. Just in case, you know, you wanted to see how muddy the waters really are lol.:D

Last edited: