Lock Screen issues (DROID)

Shanged

Reaction score
Hey all, for the past 4-5 days I have had an issue with my lock screen overriding things it shouldn't. It started when I decided to start using a pattern unlock, but has persisted since I switched back.

Before, when I would receive a phone call, the caller ID would display and it would say "Slide to answer"
Now, I have to slide to unlock to see this call screen, and then slide once more to answer the phone. This is a minor inconvenience but it is annoying nonetheless. Something more frustrating is that once the call is over, my screen remains locked. I have to activate and unlock the screen again to end the call.

I also have Handcent SMS, and the popups work properly (they display in front of the lock screen, and I can reply without unlocking. However, as a side note.. if I reply to a text through the quick reply popup, it marks the message read (as it should) but displays the same message if I recieve another from the same contact (I have to scroll over to view the new message) I already saw and replied to the first message, I'd like to not have to see it again.

mattymcd

Reaction score
I had the same problem

As is the case with many of the little glitches that I've had with my phone... the solution seems to always be to turn the phone completely off, and then turn it back on again. Whenever I do that, it seems to return to normal. I hope this works for you.

gt_nfr

Reaction score
I'm bringing this from the dead.

I have the exact issues as OP describes. Turning the phone Off and On only resolves this temporarily. It comes back within the day.....

anyone have a better fix?

Jasko

Reaction score
Bumping again. Thanks gt_nfr for the heads up.

My one quirk with this phone / OS is how when I receive a phone call, I have to unlock my screen to view who is even calling me. Then, to make it worse, during phone calls, my screen locks and I have to enter my unlock pattern to hang up the phone / do a call waiting / speaker / anything else.

This is the same even if I don't have a unlock pattern on my phone.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Any apps that disable this? I saw a couple other very old threads on this and none of them had a solid answer.

Thanks in advance.