Live TV and/or ability to play streaming video

johnjrval424

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app that will play streaming video or provide live television?

I would be happy with the streaming video - my local news station broadcasts live through their website but I can't play it on my phone.

Of course, live television is a bonus but I don't think it is available - at least I can't find an app for it.

Thanks!:)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The NFL app provides live streaming of games in progress, however they are going to be charging 10.00 a month for this. Last Sunday it was still free.

OP
J

johnjrval424

Reaction score
The NFL app provides live streaming of games in progress, however they are going to be charging 10.00 a month for this. Last Sunday it was still free.

Thanks, Bill. Do you know if there are any apps (paid or otherwise) that play live TV other than sports channels? I'm more interested in watching live network news.

Thanks!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Check out an app called: Live TV

Edit: Thanks for the link LT

Last edited:
OP
J

johnjrval424

Reaction score
This one may be worth checking out.

Live TV - Android app on AppBrain

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

UPDATE: So I download this app and only HALF of the channels work! Lots of ads, I get error messages claiming that the "channel is down" (and if CNN's channel is down, we got BIG problems) and the only channel they provide for FOX (which I thought was FOX News Channel) turns out to be the local FOX affiliate in Tampa,Florida - which would be great if I lived there but I'm in Washington, DC.

Very disappointed! This app will get uninstalled and I'll keep looking for an app that provides fully-functioning channels.

Thanks anyway!

Last edited:

Big Lou

Reaction score
If you have a TV tuner on your computer, use Orb. The Orb Live app sucks, but you can use their web portal and set it as flash streaming and it runs perfectly on my Droid--even on WiFi!

Riddlin

Reaction score

$10.00 a month for Thursday and Sunday night game? I cant believe that. If it was any game you wanted that would be fine.

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
Live tv works great. The only draw back if that it cooks my phone.
Watch it for 15 mins and my battery is 140 degrees ab\nd the processor was 150. If they could straighten that out then this app would be tops.
anyone else having this problem?