Little HELP PLS -bootlooping while on charger

Irieone

Reaction score
I just got this phone. Its a refurb with slcd screen. Would appreciate any advice you can give.

power off phone while on charger followed by power on while on charger = bootloop.

It makes it to the "droid" audio and resets and starts over again. I have to pull battery.

I am trying to determine if the issue is related to hardware or software. The phone boots perfectly when its not on the charger. If its hardware I need to send it back. If its software.....well a rootin' will fix the problem.

Lastly, I want to root this phone, but I am afraid it will loop during the process when connected to the usb interface.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If it is stock and unrooted its probably worth taking it in. I keep reading more and more of these types of threads and yet to see a pin point solution.

OP
Irieone

Irieone

Reaction score
If it is stock and unrooted its probably worth taking it in. I keep reading more and more of these types of threads and yet to see a pin point solution.

Doug, I got this thing on eBay. I want to try everything I can to pinpoint the problem prior to dealing with the pains of and eBay return.

I was hoping someone had experienced this and fingered a bad charger connect or something I could deal with.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would start with the usb cable you are using now, then if that doesn't work move onto the battery.

OP
Irieone

Irieone

Reaction score
It was an OEM charger and looping also happened with usb to pc.

I have an interesting story tho...

I went back at my eBay seller (an invidual with good feedback) about selling me a defective phone. The story unfolded like this....

Me - you sold me a defective phone

Seller - I am sorry about that... would you like me to replace it with another? All I need is your phone number

Me - Sure I would like a replacement but why do you have another incredible and why do you want my phone # ?

Seller - Well, I am not supposed to tell you this but I work for Verizon and I need you phone number to access your account for the purpose of authorizing/sending you a replacement...

Me - Here is my number ##### Are you screwing with me?

Seller - No I'm not, you can expect to receive your replacement in 2 business days via Fedex. Free Shipping labels will be included in the box for returning your defective incredible.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
So what's the game here? Have I been conned? Why is Verizon selling Incredibles on eBay through their employees personal accounts?