List of goode apps for the milestone

ceryus

Reaction score
Heres my list of what i feel are good apps for the phone:

1) Astro File Explorer :- file explorer that will help you browse your sd card also.
Price :- Free

2) Wave Secure :- Security App that can help you find your phone incase of theft/loss.

3) Bluetooth File Transfer :- For transfering files since by default the milestone can only receive and not send.

4) Gmote :- Remote control your laptop wirelessly. Stream media files onto your phone etc!

5) Apndroid :- Very handy app that lets you enable/disable your 3g with one click since apps sometime update on their own(and that could cost you!). hint:- put the widget on the screen

6) Torrent - Fu :- Find torrents, Download, Start/Stop and control your torrent app from afar with your phone.

7) Toggle Settings :- Lets you disable/enable some settings from a widget right on the home screen.

8) Advanced Task Killer:- Kill apps running in the background that you dont need at the moment, Helps save a ton of battery life!.

9) Fring :- All-in-one voip app, includes skype.

10) Quickoffice / Documents to go :- Ms office app for the folks who wanna work on the go.
Price :- Free for quickoffice (updating to 2.1 gets the app for you on your phone!),Free to view for documents to go, paid to edit

11) Moxier Email/Sync :- The first comprehensive outlook app for android that can also sync email with outlook! ( Google for more info)
Price :- $24.99

P.S. Ive started this thread so people can share their apps too..Feel free to add to the list :)

tehpriest

Reaction score
Travel:

Co-Pilot
Car Home
UK traffic
RAC traffic
Traffic cams
GPS speedo

Music:

Last FM
MyPod
iMusic
Beeb Player
Youtube
Act video player

Productivity:

Docs to go
iTranslate
Currency
Pkt Auction eBay
eBuddy
aContacts (know bug cannot edit but puts contacts into their Outlook groups)

Others:
Facebook
FxCamera
Mabilo ringtones
Missed call
Setting profiles (excellent)
Shaker (love it)
Backgrounds

bullghost

Reaction score
Tools
Advanced Taskkiller : killl process or application that still run in background , i thing this one is the best, not like big kill it not let us know it's own process in process list and if we already close it still run in background without let us knowing
price : Free
Antennas : knowing where is the closer BTS are in google map, also can be export into kml
ES FileExplorer : explorer your file in local, SD, lan, Bluetooth, copy paste etc
price: Free

Bluetooth File Transfer : yes it's the best, but you need to kill it after using it, couz it still run in background event we already close it

My Tracks : tracking your position and record them into kml and gpx format, tell us everything from speed, distance, etc

Connectbot : like putty ssh tools, very good and it work great
update : after i read the-b.org iam sure connectbot is safe and can be trusted :)

Meebo IM : yup as you know IM i need it for yahoo and gtalk , privacy : only this one i can trust i thing

IM+ lite : it's good for only chat, but not as good as Meebo IM, usual it not free if you need more features , for privacy : yes this one i thing we can trust

Last edited: