LiquidSmooth 2.3.7

kenji91

Reaction score
So I downloaded the latest LiquidSmooth ROM - 2.3.7, on Android 4.3.1. But in SS 3.65, when I try to install it, I get an instant error. Anyone know why or how I can fix it??

kwyrt

Reaction score
So I downloaded the latest LiquidSmooth ROM - 2.3.7, on Android 4.3.1. But in SS 3.65, when I try to install it, I get an instant error. Anyone know why or how I can fix it??
I think it is probably using the old install script that worked on safestrap 3.11. Eclipse has the same issue. I am guessing if you downgrade to safestrap 3.11 and install in the proper ROM slot (Either 2 or 3. Can't remember for sure which one) it should work. Then you can re-upgrade to 3.65. That is what I had to do to get Eclipse up and running.

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
I think it is probably using the old install script that worked on safestrap 3.11. Eclipse has the same issue. I am guessing if you downgrade to safestrap 3.11 and install in the proper ROM slot (Either 2 or 3. Can't remember for sure which one) it should work. Then you can re-upgrade to 3.65. That is what I had to do to get Eclipse up and running.

Thanks for this! You were 100% right. :)

However, now that I'm on 2.3.7, I keep dropping 4G/LTE. Like every few minutes, it seems to drop. I tried a complete wipe and reinstall and it still happens periodically. Any ideas?

tdilts

Reaction score
Thanks for this! You were 100% right. :)

However, now that I'm on 2.3.7, I keep dropping 4G/LTE. Like every few minutes, it seems to drop. I tried a complete wipe and reinstall and it still happens periodically. Any ideas?

I quit using LiquidSmooth many months ago. It never was stable on the Droid 4. I can't speak for other devices though. I loved that ROM too... I just wish it didn't have all the bugs and problems for this device.

OP
K

kenji91

Reaction score
I quit using LiquidSmooth many months ago. It never was stable on the Droid 4. I can't speak for other devices though. I loved that ROM too... I just wish it didn't have all the bugs and problems for this device.

What is your rom of choice now?

tdilts

Reaction score
Eclipse. Not sure about future development on that ROM though. myfishbear accepted a few donations from people (including myself) then never updated the ROM again. As much as that bothers me, I still use his ROM because it's stable.