liquid thunderbolt rom poll

liquidzgrl

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.liquidsmoothroms.com
Personally, with my thunderbolt I have not yet rooted as this is my first Android phone and the physical thought of modding my phone via root for the first time ever is a somewhat scary transition for me. I trust my loving liquid and his roms and know I will be happy with the results and have no fears of bricking at all however I am of course as a woman too picky at times lol. I have made some personal suggestions and requests to my sweetie but he is always so busy so I do not want him to cater to my requests alone so I decided why not post a poll including a description of what I would like to see as a first time root user and get the community's thoughts so that we know if im just a picky woman here or if my ideas would also be liked by the community so we know if liquid should invest time and effort into this at all or not. Liquid thundersense is great nice theming very stable great battery life, liquid gingersense all the same but with differences of its own as gingerbread on and of itself is so different to begin with. I know not all of u are currently using liquids roms either so to those of you who aren't please share why or why not you are or aren't please add what u like and what you don't in your replies. I know bamf is popular as well and I agree with something it has that I wish I could see if liquids next Rom. As a new root user who is scared and not as easily accepting of change I personally would like a stock thundersense and a stock gingersense and what I mean by stock is exactly that root minus all the crappy bloat the enhancement of liquids awesomeness for more stability and better battery life and of course the ability to overclock with the kernel which is standard but I don't want to see the added animations and the theming I want something with as little changed as possible so I can enjoy the world of root with a baby step and only change what I want to change and possibly the added option of using liquid goodies to choose my own customization like the bootanimations which I like probably only cause I made them lol but also maybe the options for different launchers etc and I like that liquid also keeps new apps that are leaked incorporated into the roms also all I'm saying is I'm a scared noob and I know I'm not the only one I trust liquid and I know from experience using his phones that I don't have to worry about bricking but I personally am not down with all the added changes like animations different themed icons etc not that they arent nice or anything i want to take it as a baby step to root for the first time

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We have a lot of tutorials to help you get rooted. In fact you can root and stay stock, but change your kernel for better battery life, and change your radio to help with the rebooting issue.

OP
liquidzgrl

liquidzgrl

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.liquidsmoothroms.com
I appreciate that thank you :) and I'm sure that your post will most certainly assist other new root users who read this so I'm glad you posted it although I'm lucky in the sense that my liquid will help give me a one on one tutorial and I still really would like to use one of his roms as I do love them on his phoNes I'm just looking for more of a stick version from him but don't want him to cater to me just cause I'm his girl which is why I'm asking Df to contribute to this thread and give us insight I think the comments could also do nothing more than also assist in getting users what they want because if what is wanted isn't voiced we can't read minds :) nonetheless I still thank you for the kind and helpfully intended post

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once the GB debacle is fixed, I'll be ready to install the GB radio and try out the Gingersense ROM. I was in fact going to install the radio tonight until I saw where the XDA guys noticed it could brick phones, even if they've been running the alpha GB leak for several days. Please thank Liquid for his hard work.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So you asking the community to help you decide if you should root or not. Well we are a 180, because I rooted it as soon as I took it out the box. I didnt even get to play with it stock yet. I literally turned it on and hooked it to adb and hacked away at it. My mind was already made up. I bought the tbolt just so I could root and run roms.

OP
liquidzgrl

liquidzgrl

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.liquidsmoothroms.com
Not if I should root but more so about the direction of liquids next Rom :) I thought something more stock would b cool from him but I don't know what everyone else thinks so insight on the good n bad for users already running liquid roms and also input on he stock like Rom by liquid

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its weird that if you ask a person what they want and you give it to them, they dont like it. But if you innovate and give them something unique with some familiarity the users love it. My point is this, either you or him should take a break and try the roms that are out now. Look at what they all do well and where they make lack. Then take what liquid has done with the droid and try to find away to merge that idea with some innovation. If you ask you sort of spoil the surprise. If you innovate you bring some wow factor into the equation. The key to a great rom is a great team and great support from the devs.
Good luck to you guys the more devs the stronger the tbolt community becomes. But we hope we have a community full of good devs and dev teams looking to push the device while being apart of a community. Its not about what the community give to you, but what you give to the community and that results in innovation that pushes android to legendary status.

OP
liquidzgrl

liquidzgrl

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.liquidsmoothroms.com
Ok I get Ur point but I think Ur missing mine I don't think it hurts to ask what ppl want it doesnt spoil anything because it doesn't mean that's what they will get and yes tying others roms is fine n in fact I do plan to but I also don't think that is very appropriate because its too easy for that to create drama if someone feels like their work is being stolen then and I'm not asking what the community can do for us at all in fact just the opposite

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
So far, no one says they are not a liquid user nor will they be one :D I'm liking that XD

lee__D

Reaction score
i voted: Liquid Thundersense Stock Style Rom

but only because of the GB problems

Daethian

Reaction score
I love liquid but am ready for GINGERSENSE :) I'm more of a stock user personally. I do like some of the enhancements that Liquid brings but I don't want any of the crap that HTC thinks I do. Fm radio? Peep? Ringtone cutter? I like the sense UI in some aspects and hate it on others. I like their widgets but their gallery software without picasa linking is crap. (Yes I found the old gallery and put it back on)

However, pleasing all of us is impossible and I appreciate all the hard work you put into giving us awesome roms.