Liquid Gingerbread v2.3 Release

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 3
Anyone know why downloads stop when the screen turns off? Is that kernal related or something?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

try double checking the sleep policy settings> wireless and networks> wi-fi settings> hit the menu soft key> advanced> wi-fi sleep policy.

Mine does it also, not using wi-fi. I dei check in the wireless settings, and mine is set to NEVER.

What governor are you guys using that this is happening??

I am just speculating here but I know the smart*** governor on screen off clocks down to a max of around 500 or so. It may cause downloads to slow down considerably or even stop them. I am not on the d1 anymore so I cant enable it to try it out unfortunately.

AspenSTi

Reaction score
try double checking the sleep policy settings> wireless and networks> wi-fi settings> hit the menu soft key> advanced> wi-fi sleep policy.

Mine does it also, not using wi-fi. I dei check in the wireless settings, and mine is set to NEVER.

What governor are you guys using that this is happening??

I am just speculating here but I know the smart*** governor on screen off clocks down to a max of around 500 or so. It may cause downloads to slow down considerably or even stop them. I am not on the d1 anymore so I cant enable it to try it out unfortunately.

Exactly what I was thinking, so I switched off the smartass and currently using on demand. Still with same results (both with downloads and battery life, lol). My min/Max is 250/900

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

SNeitzel

Reaction score
Everything is smooth for me so far.
I did switch to a CorCor kernel (my phone just does not like Chevy's).
Only issues so far have been Angry Birds will not boot (always ends up with a hot reboot) and I had to ditch the new market. It seemed really unstable and would completely freeze the phone after a minute of two.

Has anybody else seen these issues?
I know the AB issue is small, just kind of annoying.

EDIT:
Spoke too soon, camera is messed up again...

Last edited:

rickaustin

Reaction score
Any one running Seesmic on this build? It works for me with twitter accounts but unable to get it to work with Facebook or Google Buzz. Just wondering if it is something with me or a side effect of this release of the OS.

BTW, a friend suggested I install Liquid Gingerbread after my complaints about my original Droid's performance. Holy cow! What a difference and it is like having a brand new phone. Thanks so much!

SNeitzel

Reaction score
Well I have tried all the tricks I know to get the camera working.
I have fixed permissions, cleared caches and data, I tried the default one, Alt one, pulled .apk from latest CM, PE and GPA and all of them crash the phone after one or two pics.
Very frustrating...

rickaustin

Reaction score
Well I have tried all the tricks I know to get the camera working.
I have fixed permissions, cleared caches and data, I tried the default one, Alt one, pulled .apk from latest CM, PE and GPA and all of them crash the phone after one or two pics.
Very frustrating...

I'm using Vignette and have had no problems with it on this.

SNeitzel

Reaction score
I'm using Vignette and have had no problems with it on this.
I have Vignette as well (full version) and starting with the last couple Liquid builds it constantly gets a VIE Processing error every time I try to take more than one pic. It also seems very slow. Have sent error report to developer.

cubsfanaz

Reaction score
Everything is smooth for me so far.
I did switch to a CorCor kernel (my phone just does not like Chevy's).
Only issues so far have been Angry Birds will not boot (always ends up with a hot reboot) and I had to ditch the new market. It seemed really unstable and would completely freeze the phone after a minute of two.

Has anybody else seen these issues?
I know the AB issue is small, just kind of annoying.

EDIT:
Spoke too soon, camera is messed up again...

I had issues with AB not working on LGB starting with about 1.92. I had given up and went back to an even older version. Decided to give this one a try. After installing the ROM, first thing I did was install only AB, AB Season, and AB Rio. They all worked fine. I went back and installed all my other apps, and suddenly AB apps were force closing and causing reboot. I was using SetCPU at 800Max\250Min OnDemand. I changed this to 800Max/500Min and they seem to be working fine now.

tameone

Reaction score
This may have been answered already, but here it goes.

Liquid Settings does not remember my overclocking settings after a hard reboot.

governor, max/min settings reset to default.

I've been using 1100/250/interactive, but they're always reset.

I'm not using setCPU.

Suggestions?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of trying this rom out. How does it compare to cm7? I know it's built off it. Is it just as customizable? Is it worth the switch? Thanks for your suggestions

CM74D2

tameone

Reaction score
I'm thinking of trying this rom out. How does it compare to cm7? I know it's built off it. Is it just as customizable? Is it worth the switch? Thanks for your suggestions

CM74D2

It's a mix of CM and AOSP.. last time the #s were given in the change log, it was only 25% CM source, 75% AOSP source.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I made a nandroid of cm7. Will I be able to go back to my backup from liquid if and when I want with a wipe?

CM74D2

SNeitzel

Reaction score
I had issues with AB not working on LGB starting with about 1.92. I had given up and went back to an even older version. Decided to give this one a try. After installing the ROM, first thing I did was install only AB, AB Season, and AB Rio. They all worked fine. I went back and installed all my other apps, and suddenly AB apps were force closing and causing reboot. I was using SetCPU at 800Max\250Min OnDemand. I changed this to 800Max/500Min and they seem to be working fine now.
No help for me, set 500 min and 800 max and still got a FC ... :(
I may have to revert back to 1.7, that at least seems to work most of the time.

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score

CM74D2

In my opinion liquid is alot better than cm. Its very smooth, responsive, and snappy while cm is more bloated. So i reccomend you try liquid with a chevyno1 kernel.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk