Liquid gingerbread battery life

ronlsjr

Reaction score
I'm running the latest version of liquid gingerbread 2.5 and the battery drains fast and it did in 2.4 also. Whats in that rom that causes that? The battery drooped from 100% to 95% in under 4 or 5 minutes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

uberbdon

Reaction score
I'm running the latest version of liquid gingerbread 2.5 and the battery drains fast and it did in 2.4 also. Whats in that rom that causes that? The battery drooped from 100% to 95% in under 4 or 5 minutes.

Look up how lithium ion batteries work. Also, you're on a 2nd init ROM, its a plague among them.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^ what he said. Lithium batteries will not stay at 100% capacity very long because its bad for them.

Also, battery life isn't the greatest on 2nd init ROMs. I got the best battery life out of SSX. I would definitely undervolt. I also underclock when I know it will be a long time before I can charge again and my battery is low.

CM74DX

jonlutz217

Reaction score
no... wrong. sorry. ahah miui is most definitely a 2nd-init rom just like cm, justice, liquid, ssx and whatever else.however miui has gotten at least twice the battery!! not just for me but for almost everyone that has made the switch. 2nd-init is not to blame its something in these roms. seems cell standby or sometimes android system/android os drain way too much battery. especially liquid, absolutely TERRIBLE battery.. which is a shame cuz its my favorite rom :/ try miui out though. honestly the more i use it the more i like it, its been great. oh and miui gets this amzing battery all while running the v6 supercharger script!!! which has caused my battery to die quickly on other roms before

uberbdon

Reaction score
no... wrong. sorry. ahah miui is most definitely a 2nd-init rom just like cm, justice, liquid, ssx and whatever else.however miui has gotten at least twice the battery!! not just for me but for almost everyone that has made the switch. 2nd-init is not to blame its something in these roms. seems cell standby or sometimes android system/android os drain way too much battery. especially liquid, absolutely TERRIBLE battery.. which is a shame cuz its my favorite rom :/ try miui out though. honestly the more i use it the more i like it, its been great. oh and miui gets this amzing battery all while running the v6 supercharger script!!! which has caused my battery to die quickly on other roms before

I'm pretty serious. Battery technology is lacking way behind any other.

OP
R

ronlsjr

Reaction score
I'm not having batterie problems with cm7 and other droidx(2nd-init) roms. its only the liquid gingerbread rom killing my battery fast.