Limiting Text messages...

littlekoala

Reaction score
Hello,

I am using Go SMS but its picking up settings from the Stock text messaging and limiting to 1000 text messages... Is there away I can stop this as it deleting my old messages... All settings on Stock app are un checked...

Thank you :)

OP
littlekoala

littlekoala

Reaction score
Is there away to delete the stock Text messaging app...

Phone not rooted!!

Kind Regards

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
You're not gonna delete any stock apps without rooting. Maybe try going into your stock messages and change settings to unlimited messages and then uncheck all settings in stock message app

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
littlekoala

littlekoala

Reaction score
Hey,

You can't change the setting to unlimited on Stock app... It only goes up to 1000 texts per conversation...

Thank you

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Oh. Never used stock SMS app. If it bugs you that bad root your phone and delete it

OP
littlekoala

littlekoala

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions... How.do I root my phone?

Thank you :)

Sent from my XT910 using DroidForums

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Check out doom lords root. I found it in the RootzWiki forums

bullswife98

Reaction score
Oh. Never used stock SMS app. If it bugs you that bad root your phone and delete it

If you delete the stock messaging app you won't have the ability to text,not to mention there's no way to get it back, there's no sbf files if it f/c's all the time and messaging won't work at all, even 3rd party apps rely on stock to function. It kinda piggybacks off of it. Deleting it will cause more harm than good. Just letting you know its not recommended that you did this!! Expect issues and anybody that knows anything about rooting know not to delete the basic functions of the phone. Just an fyi.

Sent from my Rooted Razr
Using Bootstrap/Safestrap Recovery

Last edited:

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
If its deleted it may cause issues with messaging in general, not to mention there's no way to get it back, there's no sbf files if it f/c's all the time and messaging won't work at all, even 3rd party apps rely on stock to function. It kinda piggybacks off of it. Deleting it will cause more harm than good. Just letting you know its not recommended that you did this expect issues and anybody that knows anything about rooting know not to delete basic functions of the phone. Just an fyi.

Sent from my Rooted Razr

I have been deleting stock SMS app since my droid x and used handcent and never had an issue.

bullswife98

Reaction score
Your brave,not me seen where its messed up before! I never delete system apps cause ya never know what issues you'll get in to doing so. Besides I don't need to keep 1000 messages or more on my phone. I keep what's important and delete the rest. That's just me though.

Sent from my Rooted Razr